Chapter Twelve

Taehyung POV

"Hyung, why so sad?"

I stared at Jimin, the innocent little bastard that don't know how love hurts and how it kills a person. I was contemplating whether to tell them or just keep quiet, like I always do.

"Yah. You know we're here for you, right? So don't be stupid and tell us. Pabo."

I smiled at Hoseok (J-Hope) hyung and took in a deep breath before telling everyone what really happened. It was only half an hour later when I finally finished, with interruptions of course, and the guys faces' all held different emotions.

"Wow, Taehyung. Just, wow."

"Are you kidding me? The one girl we have to protect and you're letting her go? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Are you sure you've made the right decision?"

"Wow. Never thought you two would end up like this. You were the power couple after Baekhyun sunbae and Taeyeon sunbae left."

"Kim. Taehyung. You. Are. One. Hell. Of. An. Ass."

"And I know. I just don't know how to apologise to her. Heck, I don't even know when she is leaving!" I ran a hand through my already messy hair and sighed. Could things get any worse?

*bzzzz*

"Excuse me."

I nodded and Jin hyung got up to answer his call. From afar, we could even hear Jin hyung and his caller having a heated conversation, with Jin hyung's contorted with fear and shock. As he hung up, he turned to stare at me with hollow eyes, as if trying to tell me something bad has happened.

"Sun Mi is in the hospital."

Sun Mi POV

I didn't think he would take it that badly. I thought he would be different. Maybe even understand me. Understand that we needed time apart. But I guess I was wrong. He didn't understand. He wasn't the one.

"Honey, I'm really sorry about what happened. Here, it's on the house."

Lilian placed a cup of my favourite hot chocolate on the table, gave me a small smile and walked away. When she was finally out of earshot, I stared at the cup and scolded myself for being so stupid, for being so careless, for being so insensitive.

As I picked up the cup, I noticed that my hot chocolate was different this time. Normally, it wouldn't have any foam design on the surface, but this time, it had a foam design of a girl, saying it's okay to cry. And that's what I did, I cried.

My feelings from the day I found out both Taehyung and Jeongguk liked me, the day I broke Taehyung's heart by choosing Jeongguk, the day I found out he slept with another girl, the day I broke up with him and he hurt me, the day I finally spoke to Taehyung after so long, the days after that, they came out as if it was nothing. My tears flowed down my face like streams of river, ruining the minimal makeup on my face.

I placed the cup down, placed some money on the table, wiped my face and walked out of the diner, with my face filled with tears. It wasn't raining, but you could smell the smell of fresh dew on grass and fragrance of flowers.

I crossed the road and went to the playground that Taehyung and I always hung out at. A place where only two of us existed and time stopped. A place filled with more memories than any other place.

"Oh, Taehyung. What have I done?"

I sobbed and ran away from the playground and towards the road separating the playground and diner. I was in the middle of the road when I realised that I was the jerk. I was the one who deserved his reaction. I was the one who deserved this breakup.

*beeeeeeeeeeeeep*

I wanted to apologise, tell him I'm sorry for breaking his heart twice in a row. I wanted to tell him it was my fault that we broke up, because I was too big of a coward to face reality.

*beeeeeeeeeeeeep*

But it was too late. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact of the oncoming lorry.