Chapter Eighteen (Taehyung's POV)

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

There goes the same rhythm. Again and again on the heart monitor. For every second, minute and hour of everyday.

It's been two weeks since Sun Mi was hospitalised. Still in coma, everyone was worried about her. We've asked the doctors about her condition, but they told us to just give her some time.

Bullshit, it was. It's been two weeks and they still want us to give it more time?

"Sun Mi-ah, can't you see we're all worried about you? It's time to wake up, baby. Wake up so I can hold you in my arms and just tell you how much I love you."

But like always, no response from her. Just the same beeping rhythm of her heart monitor.

In the course of two weeks, I got angry and frustrated and just plain upset with myself that I dyed my hair purple and stopped talking to everyone. I knew imo and ahjussi were worried about me, but I shrugged them off, telling them I was fine. And when the boys tried to talk to me, I brushed off any topic they brought up. I wanted alone time. I needed alone time. To think about what has happened and why I had even left her there, in our favourite cafe, on a rainy day after we broke each other.

I stared at her barely alive self and start to wonder: What if I had just been understanding when she broke things up? Would she be still be with me and laughing? Or would she be on a plane and in the states?

But my thoughts were interrupted her hand twitched. I thought it might be my mind playing tricks on me, but her hand started to move. I quickly got out of the plastic chair and buttoned for the nurse impatiently. Once they were here, I was shooed out of the room so they could do their necessary tests and made sure she was waking up.

In my excitement, I quickly whipped out my iPhone and started to dial everyone, telling them the great news.

Sun Mi was awake and damn, she's gonna make everyone tear up.

~*~*~*~*~*

"Well, Mr. Kim, I don't see why you can't see her. Let him go ahead, nurse Mary."

I thanked he smiling doctor and rushed past them to see my girl. There, propped up on a pillow, was Sun Mi. But a frown decorated her face, which made me wonder: Why was she frowning?

"Sun Mi?"

Her head whipped towards my direction and I noticed her eyebrows scrunching up. I slowly walked towards her as she started to calm down and realise it was only me, not anyone, but me.

"TaeTae?"

I sat beside her on the bed and raised my eyebrow. How did she know abou- Wait, Oh Sun Mi? Oh my, how could I have not pieced them all together? I show up back in Korea at a school and join the Bangtan Boys, which was created by her brother. I then met her and I thought I knew her from somewhere. Damn! How could I have not remembered? Oh Sun Mi! The girl who was my first friend, crush and kiss.

"Did you just have a flashback moment?"

I felt her soft hand reach for mine and held onto it tightly. I grabbed it and made sure it was tight enough so she'd know I'll never let go, but not tight enough to hurt her fragile body.

"I guess while I was in a two-week coma, I discovered many things. I shouldn't have listened to my brother and should've just went with my heart. I realised that now, Taehyung, and I hope you forgive me. Not only for wanting to break up with you, but for hurting you the first time too when I rejected you and my real feelings for you. I love you. I love you so much that it hurts."

Shock filled me as I heard those three words. I love you. It kept repeating in my head like it was some sort of spell, enchanting me.

"Sun Mi?"

"Yes?"

I held onto both her hands, looked her in the eyes and told her the three words I've been wanting to say since day one.

"I love you."

[A/N: okay, I know this is really short, but I wanted to end it here for this chapter. Now don't worry, this is not the end for the two, maybe a chapter or two and an epilogue, then I'll end it.

I love you all so much and stay beautiful (or handsome) c;]