Chapter 11

Shawn

I looked back to see Gil running towards me. I stopped and turned around. I was just frustrated at this point. She either wants me or she doesn't and right now, her giving me the Okay to spend time with another woman is not sitting well with me.

"Shawn come on, why did you just leave like that?" He asked.

"Gil I'm just over it at this. She told me how she felt about me last night. She wanted to talk about "us" and now her she is pushing me off on another girl. How does that work?" Gil looked down at his feet.

"That might be my fault."

"What?" I glared at him.

"Well it's hard watching you wait around for her and I don't think it's fair. I told Dunk that before you walked in." I was in disbelief. He had no right.

"Why would you do that Gil. She was finally starting to warm up to me. You have probably confused her even more."

"Shawn I was just trying to look out for you."

"Gil it's not your place. I can look out for myself! I finally felt like I might have her and then I leave for 5 fucking minutes and come back to her slipping through my fingers all over again." Gil remained silent. "I love her Gil and she will forever be worth the wait."

"I'm sorry Shawn." I waved him off, turned and walked away.

Janet

Gil walked back across the street. I quickly grabbed the my things as Preston pulled around with the car.

"She is pretty upset with me." Gil said as we got into the car. He laid his head on my shoulder. "I told her that I'm probably the reason you said she should hang out with Amelia."

"I thought it was the right things to do."

"Yeah well she said you're worth waiting for."

I glanced over at him. "She said that?"

"Yeah she did. She really loves you Janet. I think it's time to make your move... before it's too late."

I tried to process everything Gil had said. I thought about Rene. I don't know what I was waiting for. At this point I'm not even waiting for him to change. I wanted to be free. I grabbed my phone and emailed my lawyer. There was no time better than today.

Shawn's Apartment

Gil walked me in but couldn't stay

Gil walked me in but couldn't stay. Turns out he really did have plans. He made sure I was okay before taking off. I waited around for hours. It was agonizing. What if she went to see Amelia? I paced back and forth trying to process everything, wishing that Shawn was home so we could talk.

Shawn

I walked around for hours without a destination. Before I realized it, I was standing outside of the bar that Amelia invited me too. She said her and few friends were meeting there for drinks. I could see them inside, laughing and looking like they were having a wonderful time. I took a deep breath reached for the door.

"Ms. Heard?" I turned to see Preston in the car behind her.

"Preston?" He got out the car and walked right up to me.

"What are you doing out here?"

I looked back towards the window. "I'm not sure." Preston also looked seeing Amelia.

"Can I ask you a serious question?"

"Sure."

"Do you love Ms. Jackson?" I turned to face him. "So much man."

"Then I have ask you again, what are you doing out here?"

I glanced back at Amelia, only this time she was already staring back me smiling.

"Preston can you take me home please?" I said turning away from her.

"It would be my pleasure Ms. Heard." He said opening the door for me.

Shawn's Apartment

I thanked Preston before heading up to my place. It was completely dark except the lamp in my room. I stood at the side of the bed where Janet was sleeping. I tried not wake her while I changed and grabbed an extra pillow and blanket.

I lay there on the couch for nearly an hour just thinking. I picked up my phone. Amelia had texted me.

I know it's Janet and I respect it. If you ever change your mind, don,t hesitate to call ❤️

I deleted the message and Amelia's number. My mind was made up and I knew where I wanted to be. Closing my eyes for just a moment I dosed off.

Janet

Opening my eyes, it took me a moment to realize that I had fallen asleep. I glanced over at the time. Ten o'clock.

"Shawn." I said aloud and grabbed my cell. There was a text from Preston.

Ms. Jackson, I know that I normally don't meddle in your private affairs but I saw Ms. Heard wandering around tonight, so I brought her home. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I hope you don't mind me saying this, but she really loves you. Anyway, have a good night ma'am. See you tomorrow.

I smiled, sent Preston my appreciation and headed into the living room where Shawn was stretched out on the couch sleeping.

My breathing began to stagger, my eyes wandered while she lay there in a sports bra and boxers. I watched her stomach rise and fall and her skin was silky and chocolate. Curiosity took over as I reached out touching her with my finger tips. What am I doing. I thought. My hands must have been cold because she shifted and opened her eyes.

"J?" She blinked a few times. "Everything thing Okay?" As she went to sit up, I pushed her back down and straddle her waste. "What are you doing J?" She asked. I brought my lips close to hers. I could feel her warm breath.

"I need you." I said softly.