Chapter 39

Shawn

I must've have rewatched the footage from the night of the fire alarm a million times. Because of the water damage in some of the units, management decided to release it to the tenants to see if they could find any leads. I had been one of the lucky ones. Just a few water spots in my ceiling but no losses.

"Just give me something." I said to myself aloud. "I know it's you." The person in the video wore a hoodie and never faced the camera once. I was convinced Amelia had done it.

"Babe?" Janet said as she approached me from behind. "I called your name three times. What are you doing?" She looked at the computer screen. "Shawn not this again. There is nothing more to see on that tape baby. They sent out a notice saying it was just some teenager pulling a prank."

"Baby look at the person in this video, that is clearly a woman."

"Okay, then a teenage girl. You have to let this go. Nothing has happened for weeks. The locks have been changed... she's gone baby."

I rubbed my temple and shook my head.

The truth is, I had tried to forget it but I couldn't shake the eerie feeling she gave me that night. I'd had dreams about it. I wasn't convinced she was done with us yet but I glanced at Janet feeing a bit embarrassed. "You must think I'm nuts too." I asked.

She spun me around in my chair and sat down on my lap. Janet stroked my cheek with her thumb and smiled, forcing me to smile too. "You are so beautiful. Do you know that?"

I leaned in to kissed her. "How did I get so lucky?"

"You are pretty lucky huh." She said, crossed her eyes and stuck her tongue out at me. I laughed, picked her up and laid her down on the couch. We fell into a kiss and she spread her legs allowing me to lay on top of her. We moaned together at the sudden contact and friction. She felt so good.

Janet's warm hands found their way under my shirt and her nails made contact with my skin. I pushed my hips forward, thrusting slowly against her as I kissed and sucked at her neck. Her perfume was intoxicating and the tiny sighs and moans coming from her lips was making me wet.

She opened her eyes for a moment and looked at me. She lifted her head slightly and traced my lips with her tongue before softly saying, "Fuck me Shawn." I sat up quickly, took off my shirt and unbutton my jeans.

There was someone at the door. We both glanced in the direction of the constant knocking and then at each other.

"It's me bitch, open the door!" Gil called out from the other side. I got up and ran over to let him in. "Where is Janet!" He asked.

She stood up. The look on Gil's face let us know that he wasn't coming to bare good news. "Dunk where is your phone? And yours Shawn? You guys know better than this!" He sat down at the computer and opened up the web browser.

"What is going on?" Janet asked walking up behind him. His fingers were typing away, he hit enter and turned the computer towards us.

"This!" He said and we both got closer, we both gasped.

Janet took a few steps backwards as she blinked a few time while shaking her head in disbelief. "That's from my new house. I need to call my lawyer." She said and ran into the bedroom to grab her phone.

Gil and I sat quietly on my bed as she went back and forth with the people on the other end of the phone.

"I don't want it just taken down. I want to know who did this to me... I don't care! Just figure it out please." She said and hung up the phone. She took a seat between us and rested her head against my shoulder. Gil rested his on hers.