Chapter 37

Shawn

"Baby are you sure about this?" I asked while carefully trying to button the expensive jacket she'd gotten me for the fashion awards. Janet smacked my hand away and buttoned it for me.

"Yes, you look great! This is super important because Missy will be there tonight. I told you that she's looking for a choreographer for her next project and you're perfect for it Shawn." She said. "This will open so many doors for you baby."

"I'm nervous J and besides, I like working under you." I said grabbing her by the waist and pulling her close to me. Janet laughed and turned me to face the mirror. She hugged me from behind and rested her head on my shoulder. I was in awe at her beautiful reflection staring back at me.

"You feel safe working under me, but you have so much to offer than this baby." She turned my head bringing my eyes to hers and kissed me slowly. "Don't hide your gifts from them. You're too talented for that."

I turned around and hugged her tight. She was easily the best thing that had ever come into my life. I was emotional and wrapped up in my feelings, until I was pulled out of it by slap on the ass. I glanced at her and smacked my lips.

She laughed. "Now stop worrying and finish getting ready. T is waiting downstairs in the limo with Preston. I can't wait to tell her how we're always late because you take longer to get ready." She mocked.

"You always have help, thank you very much."

"I didn't have help tonight... thank you very much." She said and stuck her tongue out at me as she left the bedroom.

During the car ride, I was in my head mostly. Going to these things always made me nervous, especially now that Janet and I are together. We act the same I feel but our relationship has changed. So I found myself trying to be mindful of how I am with her in public and with cameras around. It makes me a nervous wreck sometimes. I can touch her how want at home and that habit was becoming harder to break when we are out in the open.

(VH1 Fashion Awards)

The red carpet was pandemonium and my vision started to get spotty from all the flashing lights

The red carpet was pandemonium and my vision started to get spotty from all the flashing lights. My baby was serving them face from every single angle. She held our hands tight as Joey stood close my making sure things didn't get out of hand.

They photographers kept yelling to get some pictures of Janet alone, so Tina and I stepped out of the way and let them have her.