Chapter 13

Janet

I glanced over at Shawn sleeping peacefully next to me. My god she was beautiful. I never knew that being with a woman could feel so fucking good. My body still yearned for her, but she needed to rest. Shit I did too but I wanted to tell Gil everything. I got out of bed carefully, slipped into her T- shirt and walked into the living room as I dialed Gil's number. I put the phone to my ear and glanced up.

"Reńe." All of my breath left my body. Gil had answered and was saying hello over and over.

"Hang it up." He said walking towards me. I did as told. Reńe flashed the gun he had rested as his side. Now standing in my face, I could smell the alcohol on him. He practically bathed in it.

"Reńe what do you want?"

"I don't think you're in the position to be asking me any questions." He used the gun to brush the hair from my face. My breath nervously staggered out. "Let's go." He said grabbing me by the shirt collar and dragging me into the bedroom where Shawn was sleeping. I glanced at my phone the coffee as we walked away. Gil was on his 6th call back to me. He was gonna know something was wrong. Please hurry Gil. I thought to myself.

Reńe pulled me to the side of the bed Shawn was resting on. She was still naked, laying there vulnerable and half exposed. I tried to move towards her and he grabbed me by the hair. "Don't fucking test me Janet." He looked dead into my eyes and then pointed the gun at Shawn's head.

"No." I said softly. My words trembling out. "Reńe please. I am begging you. Leave her out of it. I will do whatever you want. I will leave with you right now. Just please don't hurt Shawn."

He glanced down at Shawn and then back at me. "You are never to see her again."

"I have a contract with her for the show. I could get sued Reńe. We finish out this contract and I will fire her. She is done."

"Janet if you fuck with me, I swear to you I will kill her." He said pointing it at her head again.

"Reńe I am yours. I won't see her again okay." Janet touched his face, bringing his attention to her as she touched his arm and he lowered the gun.

"Get yours things, were leaving." He said. I quickly grabbed my stuff, and left with him, only wearing her t-shirt and my sneakers. We got into the car and his driver pulled away.

I was terrified and didn't know what to do, or what to expect anymore

I was terrified and didn't know what to do, or what to expect anymore. My thoughts went to Shawn. She was going to wake up and I wouldn't be there. I couldn't let him hurt her. It was the only way. He glanced over at me.

"You can just fucking forget about that dyke bitch. After this tour is over I better never catch you around her again." I nodded and returned my focus to window. What was I going to do?

Shawn

I woke up to pounding on the door. Jumping out of bed, I slipped into my boxers and sports bra and ran to answer it.

"Okay okay I'm fucking coming!" I opened it. "Gil? You're going to wake up the whole fucking neighborhood man." He was frantic.

"Where is Dunk? Is she here Shawn?"

"Relax man, yeah she's here with me in the be-" I walked into the bedroom. Janet wasn't there. "J!" I yelled through her apartment. I checked the bathroom and the gym. "She was here with me when I fell asleep."

"Something is wrong Shawn." He said grabbing his phone to call her again. We could hear the vibrations coming from the couch. I grabbed it from between the cushions.

"She never leaves her phone Shawn. Never."

"I know, I'll grab my keys."

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"To her house." I slipped into a pair of pants, grabbed my bat.

The drive to her house took for ever it seemed. Reńe's car was parked out front and the lights in the living room were on. Gil ran right up to the door and started pounding on it. Janet answered it, Reńe by her side.

Janet

The knock on the door startled me as I sat quietly in the living room. Reńe sat in the chair across from me, gun in his lap. I knew right away it was Gil and I herd Shawn's voice too as she called out my name.

"Get rid of them, or I will shoot them both."

He grabbed me by the arm and forced me over to the door, the gun pointing in my back.

I opened the door enough for them to see us both.

"Guys it's kind of late whatever it is, can it wait til tomorrow?"

"J what are you doing?" Shawn asked.

"Shawn I don't want to get into this now." I said trying to avoid her eyes.

"Is he making you do this?" She asked.

"I'm calling the police." Gil said.

"No! Gil I am fine. He and I just have some things we need to work out." Shawn stepped closer and Reńe jabbed his gun into Janet's spine. "Shawn what are you not understanding. It's over, go home. I don't want to be with you. I will send Preston to get the rest of my things tomorrow."

Shawn looked at Reńe gripping the bat in her hand. "Fine, you made your choice, I hope you're ready to live with it." She turned and walked away.

Gil just looked at Janet shaking his head. "I don't get you Dunk. I don't get you at all."

"Goodnight Gi-" Reńe started to say but Gil cut him off.

"Fuck you Reńe!" He said and walked away.