Aquarium

7 years old 

In the back of a white mini van three kids are chatting and playing with each as their father drives them to the local aquarium for a new exhibit that's been the talk of the town for a week, when the kids named Boris, Bendy and Alice piled on each other to look out of the car window to the huge building on the docks with colorful balloons and a banner on top of the entrance announcing that they found a new aquatic species - they shake in excitement as they follow their father Henry into the building  as children run around the place inside and out looking at all the pretty and colorful fishes. A huge crowded gathered around a large tank for a seal as they take photos and video of the new species as the three try to get a good look at what's inside, they climbed onto their father to get a better look but they could little get a glimpse of a gray tail. 

15 years old      

The town has become popular since they found the new fish at the aquarium, Alice has tried to find the time to get a good look at the fish when she was a child but gave up at the age of twelve and since then she only got to read about the exhibit with no photo - from what she read from news articles the fish seems shy and tends to hide away from praying eyes, swims 25 mph (40 kph) and is part of the shark family. She can only imagine what the creature looks like from what her friends told her; sharp teeth, light gray with a blue line along it's back and piercing eyes. They showed her pictures but it was blurry as the shark seems to swim away from the shot making it look like a smug across the glass and everyday as she walks home pass the aquarium, it was always filled with tourists and journalist like everyday.

22 years old  

Alice sat down dressed down in a blue dress in front of the main exhibit of the aquarium until she heard the clanging of metal from her left as a male brunette dressed in a red flannel, a necklace with three bullets, black baggy jeans, black shoes holding a plastic clipboard in one arm. His eyes scanned her from head to toes then checking the clipboard as he scanned over the piece of paper.

"Ms. Alice B. Angel, right?"

He said not looking up from his clipboard.

"Uh, yes?"

Placing the clip board to his hip and held out his pale hand.

"Dani Clark (Hello, everybody) I'm here to give a tour around the place you'll be working at blah, blah, blah, etc and etc you get it..."

He said tiredly as he walked away from her but signaling her to follow him showing her the main office, the break room and the medical room as well as giving advances on the staff they passed by. Right now they're in a room where the popular shark exhibit is fed and cleaned.

"This is where you'll be working in, Ms. Angel."

She kneels down looking into the water looking for the shark itself.

"If you're looking for Sharky you won't be able to."

Dani said from a corner of the room rummaging through a bucket and pulling out a dead fish, walking over to her side then dropping the lifeless fish in the water as it sunk down to the bottom next to a large coral rift. 

"They're shy when newcomers to see them."

A gray tail appears from underneath taking the fish.

"Anyways, that's the tour."

He turned away but stopped.

"Almost forgot, the boss said that you'll be working with Sharky here."

A week later (God I'm lazy)

Alice experience at work is very tiring as it when you're working with a mammal that doesn't like to show itself as she tried to... a few times,  but she was determined to finally see the great shark as it is - slipping on her wet suit and flippers with her scuba gear on her back and goggles on. She dived in backwards feeling the bitter cold of the water as she swims around the tank as tiny fishes swam as she heads further down to the bottom searching for the fish itself, but behind a bunch of seaweed hid the creature itself as it watches Alice - the said female looked from left to right, up and down from every rock and coral while waving to visitors as they walk by. The shark swam silently from behind as she searches for them while dogding her gaze from time to time. Some people have gathered around the tank as she swam around the tank still looking for her objective as the shark observes her from a safe distance, Alice was about to give up until she spotted something out of place behind a large rock - strains of (H/C) floating in the water. 
She slowly swam over to the rock fear arousing as she makes her way over, slowly creeping over the large rock finally seeing 

a wig.
A (H/C) wig tangled up in the seaweed, Alice groans while the shark looked over her shoulder staring at it curiously until she turned around looking right at the shark.

"...."

"........"

"Um.. hi?"

The shark said to her then Alice panicked swimming up to the surface as the fish watched her in confession, jumping out of the water then on her knees as she pants loudly.

'They can be real, right? There's no way that they could exist.'

Looking over the edge of the tank slowly searching for the shark seeing them waving at the bystanders and doing little tricks in the water as Alice looked over their features; gray tail with a blue strip along the back, sharp teeth and nails, bandages around their chest and the upper body of a female/male with topical blue tattoos on their arms, back and hips. A mermaid or mershark for a better title of the mixed specie as they greet people shyly, until they swam over to the large rock untangling the wig then swimming up to the surface. Their head peeking out of the water facing Alice whose still looking over the edge, handing her the wig in one of their clawed hand - Alice looked between them and the wig for a second before slowly grasping the wig in her hand, but then the half-shark placed both of their hands on her's before diving back down into the water. Confused she looked at the wig to find a piece of paper inside the cap, taking the paper and unfolding revealing 'It's nice to finally meet you in person, Ms.Angel.'

Part 1 over