I Know Those Eyes

Alice walks in a ballroom holding Joey Drew arm aka her surposed lover as Drew's comrades Sammy and Norman a proud smile on his face as guests greeted him and his comrades as the host walks down the stairs dressed in red and gold suit/dress, Alice stood next to one of the many marble pillars as Drew proudly talked with his comrades and guests as she drank wine gazing at all the guests until she spotted a familiar face.

My God, my heart beats faster!
And my mind is racing
Could it be...?
Could it be that you've come back to life?

They walked around the ballroom making conversations with guests and so on as Alice watches them, taking quick glances over their shoulder as she follows them hoping they remember her - every moment of her life was spent waiting for them until the day she told they died.

I know those eyes following me
Dark and familiar and deep as the sea
I know that face, strange though it seems
Younger and kinder, it haunts all my dreams

They walked out onto the balcony into the chilly night air as Alice follows them.

How can you stand there.
A whisper from me, when you are still so far away

There stood her former lover (Y/N) at the railings as they gaze down at the garden, where many of the guests drank as Alice walks behind them until she merely behind them in arms distance.

And eyes once familiar, a stranger I see
With so many words to say

Alice was about to touch (Y/N)'s shoulder when they turned around and gazed at them with fury in their (E/C) eyes.

This man is dead, he is no more
He died a little each day
Like a thief, the Château d'If has stolen him away

Folding their arms behind them as Alice slowly backed away from them as they walk towards her with fury still their eyes.

The mind plays tricks
You are confused
The man you seek is long gone
A story told by those he trusted,

They glanced into the ballroom at his former comrades as Drew spilled his wine on Sammy's white shirt as Norman rolled his eyes - the men they trusted long ago were nothing more than men that'll be given hell at their doorsteps.

And those he loved, and those who then...
Moved on

Walking past her as Alice gazed at them with content as they walked to a young woman with blonde for a dance, she ran inside and grabbed the nearest man to the center.

I am a ghost just a mirage
There in that voice...
Who chases traces of you
Traces of you
Dark and familiar, and deep as the sea

As the center in the room danced in formation as they changed partners over and over and over, Alice gazing at you while trying to focus on her steps until she could be near.

This man is dead, he is no more
I know those eyes...
And though it's tortuing me
Tortuing me

Until they were in each other's arm dancing like they had before in the pale moonlight at the latest in the night, until they sent to prison for a crime they didn't commit

Can either of us really ever be free?
How can you stand there a whisper from me...?
When you are still so far away?
And why does the truth seem too hard to be true?
With so much broken...

Alice turned around to look at them as everyone bowed to each other with sorrow in each other's eyes, holding each other close as they were about to close the gap between them.

And so much damage
There are no words

Placing their index finger on her lips as they lean over and whispered into her ear.

Left to say...

They walked away from her with anger in their eyes and walked up the stairs as Joey glanced up at them with suspension, returning his gaze with vengeance.

Inspired by Ink Potts