The Red String

I'm (Y/N) (L/N) and I had no soulmate.
In the first grade my teacher taught us about the red string that connects us to our soulmate and that only you and you significant other can see it, some people keep their whole life finding their soulmate even starting as kids. Expect me and I told the whole class - everyone wasn't mad at me expect my parents, the kids at school picked on me because I didn't have a red strong of fate. It never really bother me I pretty much lead a normal life although I have to admit I felt jealous that my friends and classmates talk about finding their significant other or how they met their soulmate I always sat there. I studied and wrote books or just smile as they talk.

"It's probably just a minor error."

"You'll find them one day."

"What if you haven't met yet."

"Maybe they don't exist..."

Always the same 'reassuring' comments I get from my priers... maybe they're right what if I haven't met them yet or maybe there isn't someone for me. Either way I probably won't ever have a soulmate - it wasn't until one fateful night.

I was on my laptop uploading a new story on Tumblr, Quotev and Wattpad it was five mintues later when I got a message on 'It's Not Fair' (and yes I'm referencing my own story)

'Hey! I really like your story! Will you post more?'

Smiling to myself I replied back.

'Thanks I did my best and I really appreciate this, haha!'

'OMG You replied! adsfasd'
'Ok, sorry I just really like your story! ahh!'
'asdfghjkl;kjhgfdcfghjk'

Chuckling to myself as I typed in my next replied.

'Me? Having fans? That's impossible. My name's (Y/N) what's your name?'

'Alice! ^-^'

We chatted for almost two hours until I feel asleep on my laptop.

Out of no where Alice came into my life.
I haven't gotten along so well with anyone else in my life until now and after a month or so I decided to tell her the truth.

'I have something to tell you.'

'OOH! Spooky , what's up?'

I heisted as typed in those five words fighting with myself to press enter.

'I don't have the string.' 

I felt  my anxiety rise at what I just did admitting that I don't have a soulmate because what if this changes everything between us, then I have to change my face and live in a cave somewhere.

'Neither do I!'

I jumped out of my seat in surprise at there response then I felt something around my pinkie, a red string tied around it then I was tugged by my hand as the string stretched out towards the moon - feeling a slight tug at my finger as if it were trying to get me to find her. I ran back to laptop and replied.

'THE STRING APPEARED!'

'SAME HERE!'

'So you're my soulmate?'

'Hiya soulmate!'

I lied on my bed recollecting what just happened; the red string, I found my soulmate and I JUST FOUND MY SOULMATE! That's cool. That's fine. I didn't know what to do in this kind of situation, what do people do in this kind situation? Then I started to think of what if she's lying, what if she's some kind of pedophile then what should I do?! I took a deep breath and stayed calm then replied back to them.

Weeks passed by and we were talking the whole time, Alice seems to know how to make me blush just by text and eventually we exchange where we live - Alice lives on the other side of the country. It was one of the most happiest days of my life, all I was thinking of is Alice all the time then all of a sudden she stopped talking to me.

'Alice? It's been 2 days since you haven't responded'

'Is everything ok? Did I do something wrong?'

'Please it's been 2 weeks and if it's because of me I'm sorry...'

I wrote her some messages but no response for more than a week until she finally responded.

'Hey.'
'I'm sorry I was gone... something came up.'

'What's wrong?'

'I'm going overseas... for 2 years.'

I froze up just reading the text.

'I'm sad that I didn't get to you. I wanted to see you in person.'

'I'm coming to see you right now!'

'You can't! You live on the other side of the country and I'm leaving in the morning..'
'I'm sorry I haven't said anything I was scared'
'We'll see each other in 2 years! We'll text each other til then.'
'I love you, (Y/N).'

I curled up into a ball on my bed crying I just met my soulmate and now they're leaving it's not fair... no I'm going to see even if it's means getting myself hurt just to her. I took my phone and wallet then ran out onto the street towards the train station taking the next stop to the other side of the country as morning came up while the red string tugs at my finger, once the train came to a full stop I quickly walked out to the station scanning the coward for my soulmate as the red string guides me - coming to a stop infront of a train rail. The red string stops behind a pillar where a female brunette stood from behind she turned around as a train sped by - I started to tear up.

"ALICE!"

I yelled for her as the train finally passed by and there she is in all her glory; black flowing hair, pale skin and baby blue eyes wearing a white blouse, black pencil skirt and black high heels. I jumped down and ran across the tracks towards her then climbed up to her, she dropped her things and ran into my arms.

"I told you I was coming to see!"

This was inspired by Szin comic.