Helping Hand

Yan Da felt her stomach pulsed, waking her up. "Where am I?"

"The healer tribe." a voice answered from the doorway. Yan Da's hand quickly went to her stomach, remembering that she fell. Huang Tuo smiled at her action. That only meant one thing. She loves the child inside her.

"He's fine." He said, getting her attention.

"H-he?" Yan Da repeated, facing Huang Tuo. The healer nodded.

"When I checked on you a while ago, I found out the child's gender."

Yan Da smiled at that, lovingly caressing her belly. "Thank you." She muttered. Huang Tuo sat down in front of her.

"If you don't mind, can I ask you some personal questions?"

She stiffened at that. Noticing that, Huang Tuo quickly retracted his question. "But if it makes you uncomfortable then forget about it."

Yan Da chuckled at that. "It's fine. You just surprised me."

"Oh, I'll start then. Where are you from?"

"Somewhere far from here." Yan Da chuckled, seeing him pout at her vague answer. "I'm sorry. But I have to protect my identity. For my son..."

Huang Tuo's eyes soften in understanding. A mother's love. The thing that he had forgotten a long time ago. His mother died when he was very young. So, he barely remembers her.

"One more question, do you have a place to go?"

Yan Da bit her lip at that. Honestly, she doesn't know where to go. She doesn't want to go back to the fire tribe. Even though her father and brother aren't there currently. Besides it's not a good place to stay at when you're pregnant.

"I don't know." She answered truthfully. "I didn't really plan anything before coming here."

Huang Tuo nodded. "It's settled then. You'll be staying here as long as you like."

"Ha!?"

"Doctors order. You can't leave without my permission." He said standing up. "Ah, I forgot to ask the most important question... what is your name milady?"

"Yan..." Yan Da stopped for a moment before continuing." Zhu.."

"Yan Zhu." Huang Tuo repeated. "It's nice to meet you, Lady Yan Zhu. My name is Huang Tuo. You should rest some more. I could see that you haven't been sleeping well the past days."

Yan Da stared at the leaving figure. A laugh then escaped her lips. Really that prince of the healer tribe...

She always liked his cheerful attitude. Like a child.... she mused.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Ka Suo reached the Ice kingdom safely.

"Ge!" Shi quickly went to his brother when he saw him arrived. Ka Suo laughed at his brother's enthusiasm, ruffling the other's hair.

Shi pouted at his brother's actions. "Ge, I'm not young anymore stop doing that."

"Sorry Shi. In my eyes, you'll always be little." Ka Suo teased, making his brother frown. "Shi, do you know where mother is?"

"In her room. Why?"

"I have something to ask her." He said. "I'll see you later."

Shi frowned at his brother's enthusiasm. What's with him?

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

"Mother!"

"Ka Suo, you're back. What did Huang Tuo tell you?"

"I'm getting better." He lied through his teeth. He couldn't possibly tell her that he's slowly dying. "Mother, can I ask you something? The clothes you never wore where are they? And my clothes when I was a baby too. "

His mother's brows rose at that. "Why are you asking for them? Ka Suo... did you...?"

"No! It's for someone I know. I just thought that it's time to give them away. It's just a waste being stored in here for a long time."

"Are you sure you want to give them to "someone you just know"? How about your future child and wife?"

"Mother! Just tell me where they are, please."

The queen sighed. "It's in the west wing. In your playroom when you were a child."

The prince smiled, quickly going out. "Thanks mom, love you."

That made the queen more suspicious. It has been a long time since Ka Suo called her mom and told her that he loves her. She shook her head. She's getting old for this kind of things. She just hopes that her son knew what he was doing.