Brotherly Moments

Morning...

Yan Da was already up and dressed. She's now combing her hair.

"I like it that way," Ka Suo said who just woke up. She smiled, looking at him in the mirror.

"But if I put it this way, it'll only get in my way." She told him. He chuckled, getting up. "Then let me help you with it."

Yan Da looked at him in surprise, making him laugh.

"Mother thought me a few things." He explained, starting to braid Yan Da's hair.

"You braided a lot of hair then?" She asked, teasing him.

He chuckled. "No. This is only for you and Shi and our children in the future." He said, kissing her head. "I love you."

She faced him, giving him an eskimo kiss. "I love you too. Now, go and get ready. Ying Kong Shi and Tian Xing are probably waiting for us."

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Shi held Tian Xing lovingly. He's a treasure. He never thought that he'd have his own family someday. It never entered his mind. All he thought back then was helping his brother reach his dreams.

"Ying Kong Shi."

He turned around, smiling when he saw Yan Da and Ka Suo. His brother wasn't that pale anymore. His skin has a healthy glow. He went to them, kissing Yan Da good morning.

"Tian Xing was getting impatient," he told them after the kiss. The child fussed. Yan Da quickly took him from his father.

"There. There, sweetheart. Mom is here."

Ka Suo and Shi smiled. Contentment filled their hearts. The family of four then went to the veranda to eat breakfast. After that, Shi and Ka Suo went to train.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Shi maneuvered his energy forming a powerful ice energy. "Well?" he asked his brother, challenging him. Ka Suo smirked. His eyes glowed. Not a minute later and a ball of ice energy was on his hand.

The two spent the rest of the day training. They haven't done this in a long time. Ka Suo was amazed by Shi's strength. He's very powerful indeed.

Tired. The two decided to rest on Shi's favorite tree.

"That was refreshing," Ka Suo said. Out of breath. Shi chuckled. Wiping his sweat. He wished he could spend his whole life like this. With his Ge. With Yan Da and Tian Xing. But his instincts told him another. Something was coming for them.

"Ge..."

"Hm?"

"Thank you."

"What for?" Ka Suo asked. A bit surprised.

"For accepting me as your brother even though we really aren't." Shi replied. Ka Suo smacked him in the head.

"Yan Zhu is right. You are silly. Shi, you may not be my brother by blood. But you are in my mind and heart. You'll always be my younger brother, Shi. No matter what."

"That's why I'm thankful. You, Yan Zhu and Tian Xing were the best gift that was given to me. You three are my most important persons."

Ka Suo hugged his brother. "You're important to us too."

"We should head back. Yan Zhu and Tian Xing are waiting." Shi then said, getting up. Ka Suo nodded, smiling.

His smile was gone though, when Shi turned his back at him. He didn't like the tone in his brother's voice. Why did it felt like... he was telling him good bye?