Going Back

Ka Suo gently settled Yan Da on the bed. She fell asleep in his arms after their drama a while ago. He chuckled, tucking s tray hair on her ear. She sighed contentedly, snuggling close to his warmth. He smiled. Love filled his heart.

He meant it when he said that he accepted her and Shi. The last days the change in his brother didn't evade him. Shi's eyes were livelier. Happier. So, he observed. Identifying the source because whoever that person is, he wanted to thank him or her.

He admits that he was a bit shocked when he found out who it was but strangely he didn't feel jealous or angry at all.

"Sleep well," he said, kissing her good night. He then left her room.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Lightning flashed and thunders roared up above. Yan Da clutched the sheets below her. Sweat covered her forehead. Her heart beat erratically. A lightning struck her window sill, waking her up.

She gasped, looking outside. She saw that it was still dark. Most likely 3 in the morning. She clutched her stomach, remembering her dream. She dreamt of an ominous black smoke. It tried to kill her but a white life engulfed her, saving her from it.

She whimpered feeling the familiar ache within her body. It's been two days since Ka Suo and her left the ice kingdom. They need to go back later when the sun is up or else she won't last. She needs Shi.

8 a.m. ...

"Are you sure you're going now?" Lan Shang asked, pouting. "Can't you stay longer?"

Yan Da smiled. "I'm sorry. Even if I want to, the little one is missing the ice palace. He wouldn't even let me sleep."

Lan Shang gave in at that. "Promise me that you'll visit me that you'll visit me sometimes. And I'll find time too to see you once and a while."

"I will." Yan Da said, hugging the other. She'll miss her.

The queen returned the hug. She then focused on Yan Da's belly. "And you little one, be good."

She was answered by a strong kick, making the two women laugh.

With Ka Suo...

He and Xing Jiu were  outside, watching the two interact. They smiled when they saw how happy they were.

"Prince Ka Suo, don't be a stranger. You and Yan Zhu could come here any time. Lan Shang is really fond of her."

"That it seems. We'll come again if we have time. There's still a lot of things going on in the palace."

"What is it?" Xing Jiu asked, noticing the other's grim expression.

"There's something that's bothering me. A black smoke. It's been following me and Shi since the second war began. At first it was just silently watching us like it's waiting. Bidding its time. However, the pasts days I've felt its presence again but not as a silent observer anymore."

Xing Jiu frowned. "Then wouldn't it be better for Yan Zhu to stay here?"

"I thought so too but when Yan Zhu came into my room this early morning and told me we have to go back. I knew that she would disagree." She would never leave Shi.

"What are you two talking about?" Lan Shang's voice then interrupted the two.

"Things," Xing Jiu said, kissing his wife on the temple.

"Things?" She repeated, brow arched. "Ka Suo, you better take care of Yan Zhu well and congratulations. I saw the bracelet on her left wrist."

Ka Suo grinned. "Thank you and don't worry I'll take care of her. I expect you two in our wedding."

"No one can stop us from attending," the queen replied. "Let's go. Yan Zhu is waiting."

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Yan Da and Ka Suo bid the newlyweds good bye, promising to visit when they can. The two journeyed back to the ice kingdom. Unaware of the dreadful news that's waiting for them.