A Petal for You

Yan Da smiled, stopping when they've reached the cherry blossom tree.

"Yan Zhu?" Ka Suo asked, curious as to why she stopped.

"You two can go first. There's something I have to do first."

The two men looked at each other.

"Alone." She continued when she saw that they're about to insist that they'll wait for her. The two men sighed.

"We'll see you in the castle then," Ka Suo said, pulling Huang Tuo who didn't want to leave her.

She chuckled watching them leave. Her happy demeanor changed though when the fire bird landed in front of her.

"Yan Da where are you?" her brother's voice then filled the area.

"Somewhere. Training. I wouldn't be back for months."

Shuo Gang sighed. "At least, I know that you're alive. You didn't even leave a note."

Yan Da smiled bitterly. "Look who's talking you and father left too without any notice. Don't bother me. I'm busy."

"Heh, you better be stronger when I see you again," he said. The fire bird then left.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Shi massaged his forehead. His head felt like it was about to explode, sighing he got up from his seat. The paper work was making him crazy. He needed a break.

Outside, he took a deep breath. Being a king is much more difficult than he thought it would. His hand was already stiff in signing so much papers. A familiar sweet scent then filled the air.

Looking at his right side, he was met by a bouquet of his favorite flowers. He blinked, making the one holding the flower chuckle in amusement.

"Did I surprise you that much, Your Majesty?" Yan Da said, putting the bouquet down a bit. Meeting Shi's gaze.

Yan Da then looked at the flowers, urging Shi to get some. "You are hungry right?"

Shi smiled. Lifting his hands up, he then got some of the flowers and ate it. She smiled, contently watching him eat. She made her decision. She'll stay by his side, doing simple things for him. Though, she knows that this will most likely hurt her in the future. She couldn't just leave him alone.

She won't let the coldness in his eye worsen even more. If she fails and he still breaks, she'll be there to pick up the pieces.

After a while...

"Better?" Yan Da asked when he was done eating. Shi nodded. "You shouldn't skip meals, Your Majesty. Especially when there's a lot of work for you to do. It'll be more difficult for you."

"You know a lot." Shi commented. She grinned.

"Of course. I observe and with the information I gathered about you. It's not that difficult to figure you out."

Shi gave her a quizzical look. "Information like?"

She smiled mischievously. "That's for me to know Your Majesty. You should go. You still have a lot to do right?"

He groaned at that. He really didn't want to go back in. "Accompany me?" He said looking at her, pleading.

Yan Da laughed. "Won't I disturb you?"

He smirked. Challenging her. "It'll be a test of how much you know." He stated, going in.

Yan Da shrugged, following him. Challenge accepted.