Thoughts

"Mom?" A voice called out, making Yan Da opened her eyes. She was met by a pair of blue eyes. Mom? She repeated in her mind. Getting up, she saw the most beautiful boy that she had ever seen. He was smiling at her. He has curly hair, framing his angelic face. Long eye lashes to match his beautiful blue eyes, cupids- bow lips and a straight edged nose.

Yan Da smiled, reaching out. The boy eagerly went into her arms. "Mommy, I love you."  He said, snuggling closer to her.

"I love you too." She said, hugging the child closer. The boy smiled. "That's why it's okay if you let me go."

Yan Da felt her heart break at that. Seeing the tears in his mother's eyes, he lifted his hands up, brushing her tears away. "It's okay mommy. You're hurting. I don't like it."

"No." Yan Da said, holding her son close. "I won't let you go." She said, opening her eyes in the real world.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Ka Suo and Huang Tuo stared at Yan Da worriedly. They heard her sob. Ka Suo immediately pulled her in his arms when she opened her eyes still crying.

Yan Da was surprised the see him there but she let him hold her. She needed someone right now and if Ka Suo could be that person then so be it. She clung to him, crying louder. She's scared. Scared for her, for the life of her child and their future. She knew that there's a lot coming her way.

Huang Tuo stayed beside them, rubbing the fire princess's back. Hoping that it'll help her a bit. He clenched his other hand. How come he felt really useless right now?

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Ka Suo and Huang Tuo are in another room...

"Huang Tuo, Shi's coronation as the king is in few days. You would be required to go to the ice palace. Is it possible for you to bring Yan Zhu with you?"

"You didn't need to ask, Prince Ka Suo. I already planned on bringing her with me. I can't let her out of my sight. Not again."

Ka Suo nodded in understanding. "At least she's better right now. Goodness, I want to find the man who did this to her and rip him into pieces."

The healer laughed, secretly sharing the other's sentiment. The two were not the kind to think of morbid thoughts but at that time they couldn't stop it. Whoever that man is he really pissed them off.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Shi traced the ornament in his hand. He's alone right now and it's night so he let his thoughts go free. He's finally going to be king. It wasn't an easy feat but he finally got it. Yet why is he like this?

He could feel the unshed tears in his eyes ready to fall. He smiled bitterly. He never dreamed of becoming king. He just wanted everyone to recognize his worth. His existence.

He let the tears fall. Clenching Yan Da's hair jewelry in his hand, he could already felt his heart breaking. He just hoped that he wouldn't lose himself in this path that he had chosen.

The path to protect his brother. The path to face everyone who hates him. To rule them every day even though he knew that they despise him.

Sometimes, he wondered if he had chosen the other path. To be with her. His fire princess. Would he have been happier? Would his heart stop breaking like now? Giving the ornament one more look, he kept it in his robe again, near his beating heart.

This way he could pretend that she was still beside him. Supporting and snapping at him when he made mistakes.