Finding Out

The moonlight slowly creeped inside the king's room, lighting it up. Yan Da who was sleeping peacefully woke up because of it. Blinking, she sat up.

Crap. I fell asleep. She thought. Hastily, she got up and left the room. She let out a relieved smile when she was in her own room. Glad that nobody saw her.

A sudden movement near her bed, though, cut that gleeful thought of hers. She frowned. Who could it be?

Slowly, she approached the figure. Ka Suo? The prince is sleeping soundly. His soft breathing filled her room. A fond smiled then curved her lips.

Lifting a hand up, she brushed the prince's cheek. Frowning, when Ka Suo's expression turned pained. Looking closer, she noticed that the prince is paler than the last time that she met him.

Her brows furrowed deeper. Something isn't right. Silently, she moved closer to him. Resting her forehead on his, she then let her energy flow inside him, checking.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Huang Tuo was enjoying the quiet night when the door of his room suddenly opened. He groaned. The annoyance that he felt changed into worry though, when he saw who it was and the anger and worry in that person's eyes.

"How long?" Yan Da asked, gritting her teeth.

"W-what?"

"Tell me, how long does Ka Suo have to live?" the princess repeated. Her anger apparent.

"How did you...?" Huang Tuo sighed, seeing her glare. "A month."

"A- a month?" She repeated, closing her eyes. "How?"

Huang Tuo looked down. "The deicide sword. His life was used as a bargain."

Yan Da clenched her fists. "Does Ying Kong Shi know?"

"No. Prince Ka Suo didn't want him to know."

Taking a deep breath, Yan Da left his room.

Her mind is clouded. She didn't know what to think or feel. She feels angry, worried and hurt at the same time. Besides Huang Tuo, it was Ka Suo who had been there for her in her lowest times. He was there when she fell apart. When she thought of giving up and ending it.

She didn't notice that she was already crying. Going inside her room, she saw that Ka Suo was already awake. Driven by her emotions, she walked up to the surprised prince and pulled him into her arms.

Ka Suo, even though, surprised at the sudden act, returned the hug. "Yan Zhu, what's wrong?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked, holding him tighter. "Were you going to keep it all to yourself?" She continued, meeting his confuse gaze. "How about us, Ka Suo? Did you ever think about how we're going to feel if one day you just collapsed in front of us and left us forever!?"

"H-how d-id you...?" the prince stuttered.

"Answer me." Yan Da growled. Ka Suo avoided her gaze.

"And how about Ying Kong Shi? You're his everything Ka Suo. He would fall apart once you're gone. Did you ever think that?"

Ka Suo closed his eyes in guilt. He never did think about that. He just thought that once his gone. They'll just move on, living their own life.

"I'm sorry." He muttered, making the fire princess cry louder.

Meanwhile with Shi...

He was frozen. He heard and saw everything.