Blessings and Tears

Ka Suo left Yan Da with Huang Tuo, knowing that she was safe with him. The soldiers were all in high alert. Ready if ever another attack will occur. But that's not what on his mind right now. He needed to talk to his parents.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

The former king and queen were talking when their son walked into their room.

"Ka Suo?" Chen Tong asked, seeing the serious expression of her son.

"Mother. Father." Ka Suo began. "I came here to ask for your blessing to marry Yan Zhu."

Lin Chao looked at his wife then at Ka Suo. "Are you sure my son? Yan Zhu is a good woman. We saw it but there are a lot of things that we still don't know about her."

"Not to mention, the child she's with. Ka Suo are you willing to accept it, knowing that it's not yours?" His mother continued.

The prince gave them a gentle smile but the look in his eyes is serious. "You're right. There are a lot of things that I don't know about her and the child she carries isn't mine. However, mother, father, those things aren't that important. I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Though, I don't know many things about her. I know the important ones. The things that made me love her. She has a kind heart. She's a great mother and more. Moreover, even the child isn't mine, I love it as my own. So, yes. I'm sure that I want to marry her."

His parents smiled. His mother was even laughing. Ka Suo looked at them in confusion.

"You really matured a lot Ka Suo." Chen Tong said, tapping her son's shoulder. She then went to her king's side, holding his hand. "As long as she makes you happy and you love her we don't object. Also, if she and Shi plans to make their bond permanent. They have our blessing."

Ka Suo's eyes widen. The former king chuckled. "Ka Suo, we do observe you know. We saw how Shi dotes on her. His reaction a while ago was a confirmation too. Now, go and see your future wife. She needs you two to be on her side right now."

Ka Suo nodded, leaving the room quietly. Shocked that his parents agreed that easily and that they know about Shi too.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Shi could feel the tears streaming down his cheeks. He sobbed, crying his heart out. His mother's actions were tearing him apart. He knew that she did it for him. That's why it's breaking his heart right now.

He knew that time would come that he wouldn't be able to protect her anymore. He barely did this time. A pair of arms then circled him, pulling him close.

The king cried harder, letting Yan Da hold him. Knowing that she wouldn't judge or mocked him at the state he's in.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Yan Da was worried about Shi so she excused herself and went to his room. What she saw broke her heart. He was sitting on the floor, crying his heart out. Pain etched on his eyes. Silently, she went to him pulling him in her arms.

He clung to her like a child seeking for comfort. She willingly gave it to him. Holding him close and sharing the pain he felt.