The Dance (PART 1)

*2 months after the first note, Rocky has received 1 per week at random*

Week of Halloween
*Rocky P.O.V.*
The semester is almost over and this school really has a habit of advertising their dances early. "So Rocky," Kelly asked, "has anyone asked you to the dance yet." I looked at her and said, "no. But the person I want to ask me most has kept his identity a secret."
"Well have you received your note this week yet," Jessie asked. Just as I was about to say no, when I opened my locker and a envelope fell out. "I guess I just did," I answered."If that is another note, then this note must be special if he went through the trouble to put it in an envelope," Kelly said. "Well what does it say," Kelly and Jessie said together. "It says," I read, "My Dearest Belle,
  It feels like a lifetime since I wrote you last. And it is driving me mad not being able to tell you who I am. And if you love these notes as much as I love you, then I am sure it is driving you mad not knowing who I am. I want to ask you in person, but I am afraid you will reject me. Will you please meet me in the center of the dance floor at 7:30 on the night of the dance. Then you will know just who I am. Until then...
  Love Always,
  Your Secret Admirer.
     P.S. look inside the envelope"
"It's a ticket to the dance," I said as I looked inside the envelope. "Looks like your secret admirer just asked you to the dance," Lisa said from behind me. "Geez, Lisa you scared me half to death," I said while lightly punching her in the shoulder.

*Thursday night* *Costume shopping with the girls*
"Mom," I shouted down the hall. "Yes sweetie," she called back. "Can you please come here," I said, "it's urgent." Faster than I could say please, my mom appeared in my doorway. "What is it," my mom asked. "I got asked to the Halloween Dance, and I don't have a costume," I told her. "Well," she began, "Does Kelly have a costume yet?" I thought for a moment, "I don't think so. Why," I asked. "Because," she began, "If she doesn't have a costume yet, then you and her can go look for one together."

"Really, mom," I said, "Do you mean it."

  As Kelly and I were looking around the costume shop we heard two familiar voices. "Hey Rocky," Jessie said. "We heard you were having a costume crisis," Lisa finished. "Yeah I wonder how you heard," I said looking at Kelly.

"Oh how about this one," Kelly said. I looked over and she was holding up what looked to be a lion costume. "I'll try it on, but if it is too revealing it ain't gonna make it out of my house tomorrow night," I said. I walked over to the fitting room after she handed me the costume. When I finally got it on I walked out of the fitting room. (costume is above^^^^^^)

"Wow girl you're looking good," Lisa said.

"Yeah I agree with Lisa. You do look good," Jessie said.

"What do you think Kelly," I asked, "will my dad let me out of the house in this."

"Definitely. It's not too revealing and at the same time it shows off your beautiful skin and curves," Kelly stated.

"Alrighty then. Girls I think I just found my costume," I stated as I walked back into the fitting room to change back into my clothes.

*Friday Night* *6:30 PM*

"One hour until I know who my secret admirer is," I said, "I'm a little nervous."

"Girl, look at me," Jessie said, "if anyone should be nervous, your secret admirer should be nervous." We all decided to be different kinds of cats. Jessie is dressed as a Cheetah, Lisa went with a Lynx, and Kelly decided on a Tiger. It fit us well.

"You are beautiful," Kelly said. "Plus from his letters he has been giving you, he sounds like a really nice guy," Lisa finished. "You're right," I said confidently.

"Why are you guys huddled around the punch table," I heard Slater say from behind us at 7:15. "Just waiting for the clock to be closer to 7:30," I said casually. "What happens in 15 minutes," he asked. "Rocky's Secret Admirer will be revealing himself to her at that time in the center of the dance floor," Kelly explained. "Oh," Slater said, "well you might want to start making your way there now, Rocky."

"Alright," I said. "By the way Rocky," Slater said, "you look great."

"Thanks Slater," I said as I began making my way to the center of the dance floor. I came to a stop in the center just as the clock struck 7:30.

That's when I saw him. He was dressed as Circus Ringmaster, but I couldn't see his face because it was concealed in the shadow of his hat. But I can see a little bit of blonde hair in the light from above. He signaled to the band to start playing a song as he walks down the front steps to me.(song is above^^^^^^)

His face is still obscured by the shadow of his hat when he silently asks me to dance. We danced for the entire song without me being able to see his face. After the song ends, he holds out his arm for me to loop mine through. As soon as I do he begins to lead me towards one of the back tables, away from all of the noise.

As I go to scoot my chair in he pushed it in for me, then he sits down. As soon as he sits down I say, "Who are you? You said in your letter that you would reveal yourself tonight."

He chuckled and said in a very familiar voice, "I knew you would be eager to know my identity. And now as I promised, I shall reveal myself." He said as he slowly reached up for his hat.