Talent Show?

2 weeks after 1st date
*Rocky P.O.V.*
  I walked into school Monday morning  with Zach. I had my arm around Zach and he had his hand in my back pocket. We met up with the gang at the lockers before homeroom.

  "Ooooh, girl you are the talk of the school," Lisa said to me. "What do you mean," I asked. "You and Zach have been going out for a while," Jessie butt in, "everyone wants to know if you are official."

  "Not yet," I answered, "at least I don't think we are." I looked up at Zach for confirmation and smiled down at me and said, "I want to make it a special moment."

  "So are you gonna sign up for the winter talent show, Rocky," Kelly asked. "I don't know. You know how I feel about being up on a stage," I said. "I have an idea," Screech exclaimed. "What's that Screech," Slater asked. "Why don't we signup the band and Rock join the band," Screech said. "I don't know Screech I wouldn't want to intrude," I said. "Oh, honey, you wouldn't be intruding. You're one of us, you are more than welcome to join the band," Lisa stated.

  "Really? That would mean a lot to me," I said. "Yeah. What can you do musically," Screech asked. "Well, I uh, I can sing," I said nervously. "Great you can be lead with Zach," Jessie said. "Oh I couldn't steal the spotlight from Zach," I said. "I don't mind sharing. Especially if you're the one I'm sharing it with," Zach said. "That settles it then," Kelly said. "We practice at Zach's house at 6 tonight," Screech said. "Ok," I said nervously. Kelly stepped closer to me, "Don't worry Rocky, you will do great." I went through school but I couldn't focus. All I could think about was tonight at Zach's house.

   He came over before hand to hang out. We were sitting in the living room when my brother got home from school. "Hey Ritchie, hey Robbie," Zach and I said together. "So can you play any instruments," Zach asked. "I can play a little guitar," I said shyly. "Ha. A little. You're funny Rockie," Robbie said. "What," Zach said lost. "She's got a lot more talent than she cares to admit," Ritchie pitched in. "I'm not that good," I said. "Play a little something then," Zach said. He handed me the guitar and I played some cords from a song I had been writing. I sang what lyrics I had so far then hummed to the end of what I had. "Wow! You wrote that," Zach said. "Yeah, but it's still a work in progress," I said. "It's good," he said. "Thanks," I  said blushing. "Oh please. Get a room," Robbie said. I threw a pillow in his face to shut him up. When it was a quarter till 6, Zach and I walked over to his house. He refused to let me carry my guitar so he carried it, so I walked with my hands in my pockes. We got to his house and Screech was waiting in the garage.

   While we waited for the rest of the gang and I did some vocal exercises. When the rest of the gang arrived we did some warm up songs and Zach sang with me. We started to have some fun and I guess I let loose a little too much because I had sang my full range. "Dang girl! You can sang," Lisa said. "I didn't know you had that kind of range, Rocky," Kelly said. "I guess I'm just really comfortable with you guys," I said.

     We then ended practice for the night and when I went to walk over to my house, Zach grabbed my hand and pulled me back into the garage. "Zach what are you doing," I said confused. "What time do you have to be home by," he asked. "Ten. Why," I asked. "I got a surprise for you," he said then led me through his house. We reached the back door and he told me to close my eyes. "Watch your step," he said as he lead me outside. When we stopped walking I waited. "Okay now open your eyes," he said. When I opened my eyes, I saw a beautiful set up.

 When I opened my eyes, I saw a beautiful set up

    I gasped with surprise and turned to Zach. "What is all this," I asked trying to to cry with joy. "This is, well, I wanted to do something special for you," he said. We walked over to the makeshift table and sat down to a meal of Mac and cheese and hotdogs. "Mmmm. Mac and cheese. My favorite," I said. We began to eat and talk and when I looked at Zach after admiring the stars in the sky he looked a little nervous. "Zach what's wrong," I asked. "Rocky, ever since you moved here I knew that you were the one for me. And now that we have been dating for a while I think it's time that I asked you one of the most important questions you will ever answer. Will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend and accepting this promise ring," he asked nervously. I gasped and tried to speak but nothing else came out. I was speechless so I nodded to answer his question.

   When I had put the ring on my finger he pulled me close and began to kiss me passionately, so I kissed him back. We talked and laughed while we ate the snacks he put together, until it started to get late. He walked me home and I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before I went in the house to get ready for bed. For a while I sat and admired the ring while also thinking about the kiss Zach and I shared until eventually I fell asleep. That night I had a wonderful dream and woke up the next morning happier than I have ever been.