The First Date

* Zach P.O.V. *
     Today is the day I take Rocky out on our first date. Friday I told her to wear a swimsuit under her clothes and to be ready to go by 10am. I got up early to start getting ready and eat breakfast. I chose to wear my blue lifeguard swim trunks, then i slipped on a t-shirt and grabbed my denim jacket. When I got downstairs to eat a quick breakfast, my mom handed me a cooler bag. "What's this," I asked. "You're going to be out there all day aren't you? So you're going to need a lunch for you both," she told me. "I made some sandwiches and put them in there and I also put plenty of waters in there as well," mom said.

   "Thanks mom," I said as I kissed her cheek and grabbed all of my things. I put everything in the car then walked over to Rocky's house to head to our date on the beach. I knocked on the door and Robbie answered the door. "Hey Robbie, I'm here to pick up Rocky for our date," I said. "Oh, yeah she mentioned that several times. She's almost done getting ready, she'll be down in a few minutes," Robbie informed me, "Ritchie, go tell Rocky that Zach is here." As Ritchie walked upstairs, Robbie turned to faced me again, "you hurt my sister, and I will hurt you." Then Rocky came downstairs saving me from her brother. "Ready to go," I ask her. "Yup," she said. "Hey," Robbie said, "have her home by 10."

    "Will do," I said as we walked out of the door. I opened  her car door for her when we reached the car. "So you were a lifeguard," Rocky questioned me when we got in the car. "Yeah," I answered, "I worked as a lifeguard at the local pool this past summer, to save up some extra cash."

   When we finally got to our destination, I got out of the car and walked around to open Rocky's door for her. "The beach," she exclaimed excitedly, " why didn't you tell me we were going to the beach." I chuckled as I grabbed the cooler bag and our towels, then said, "did you think I was going to take you to the pool when the beach is closer?"

   "Plus," I added, "the beach is a lot more fun than the pool." When we got down to the beach and set our stuff down, in the shade, Rocky began to strip down to he swim suit and I took off my shirt. I was busy laying out our stuff so that we saved our spot, and when I stood up and looked over at Rocky I became speechless.

  "Like what ya see," she asked breaking me out of my thoughts

  "Like what ya see," she asked breaking me out of my thoughts. "V-very much, y-yes," I answered stuttering. "Come on you dork," she said with a giggle and grabbing my hand, "let's go get in the water."

  After we had been swimming for a while, we went back to our spot to reapply sunscreen and eat some lunch. "So what food did you bring," Rocky asked when we sat down on our towels. "Sandwiches, chips, and waters," I answered. While we were eating I couldn't help but stare adoringly at her. "What," she said when she saw me staring at her. "How did I get so lucky to have a beautiful girl like you," I said. She didn't answer, but I did see a blush rise on her cheeks as she looked down.

  Later as it got began to get darker, we got out to dry off and watch the sunset. "So, Zach, what else do you have planned," Rocky asked as we watched the sunset. "We are going to the boardwalk for a while. Then we'll go home," I told her.

  After the sunset was over, I put our stuff in the car and grabbed my jacket and wallet out of the car. Then we walked over to the nearby boardwalk. "Hey Rocky, you wanna get some ice cream," I asked. "You read my mind," she said. When we walked in there was a lot of people. "This place is crowded," Rocky commented. "I'm not surprised," I said, "this place has the best ice cream that you'll ever taste."

  I went with chocolate cake batter ice cream and Rocky got rocky road ice cream. After I paid and we walked outside with our ice cream, I looked at Rocky. "Well. What do you think," I asked her. She took a bite and, "this is amazing. What do they do to this ice cream. I tastes extra flavorful," she said.

  After we finished our ice cream I noticed Rocky was shivering. "You cold," I asked her. "I'm a little chilly, yeah," Rocky answered. "Here," I said as I put my jacket over her shoulders. Then we walked down to the stage area. There was some band on the stage playing cover songs, so Rocky and I danced for a while. When I looked at my watch I saw that it was 9:30. We were walking back to my car when I noticed Rocky looking at a game prize. It was a panda bear about as big as her upper body. "You want one of those," I asked. She looked at me and said, " would you really win one for me?"

  I handed the worker some money to play and I threw all of the sacks he gave me at the milk pints, and knocked them all over. "Which one will it be young man, the teddy bear or the panda bear," the guy asked. "I'll take the panda bear, please," I said. When he handed it to me I handed it over to Rocky. "Awww, thank you Zach," she said then kissed me on the cheek. We continued to make our way to the car.

  When we made it to the car I opened her door for her, then went around to get in to drive us home. When we got home, it was 9:50, I pulled into my driveway, then opened her door for her and walked her over to her house. As we were walking over she said, "do you want your jacket back, Zach?" I looked at her and said, "no, you hold onto it."