Talent Show

A few days later
*Rocky P.O.V.*

   We were backstage waiting to go on stage. "I need a minute," I said running towards the bathroom. "Rocky! Wait," Zack yelled running after me. He caught me just as I made it to the door. "Rocky look at me," He said. I slowly turned and he was looking down at me. "Rocky you are amazing and I know you're freaking out, but I will be right there with you," he said. "But what if I see the crowd then I start freaking out again," I said panicking. "Then just look at me. Think about when we first met. How it was so easy to talk to eachother," he said. "Ok. Thank you Zack," I said standing on my toes giving him a quick kiss. "Now. What do you say we get back to the others and rock this place," Zack said taking my hand in his. We walked back to the others and they let out a sigh. "Thank goodness. We're up next," Jessie said. "You ready to sing your song or do you want to sing the back up," Kelly asked. "I want to sing mine," I said. "Alright! Alright! Put your hands together for Zack Attack. Joining them is Rockelle Morgan's," Mr. Belding announced.

  We walked into the stage and I stood at the microphone next to Zack. "This is an original song by our very own Rocky," Zack announced. I turned to Slater and gave him the nod. I took a breath and began to sing.

    As I was singing I forgot about the crowd and just had fun. When the song ended the whole room erupted into cheers and clapping. Zack moved his guitar to his back and gave me a big hug. "You did great," he whispered into my ear. He turned back to the crowd and we took a bow before exiting the stage. "What was that," Jessie asked. "Yeah that was a way bigger voice than at practice," Slater agreed. "I'm not sure. I just closed my eyes and forgot about the crowd and it just came out," I said. "Well it was amazing," Kelly said hugging me. We waited back stage and waited for all the acts to end then all acts were asked to come up on stage. "All right. There were lots of excellent acts this year. In third place we have Charles Dinky and his tuneful water glasses," Mr. Belding said. We all clapped for Charles while he accepted his trophy. "In second place we have the charming comedian Jackson Davis," Mr. Belding said. We also clapped for him. "And finally in first place. No surprise here, our Winter Talent show winner of 1992 is Zack Attack and Rockelle Morgans," Mr. Belding announced. We cheered I jumped and wrapped my arms around Zack's neck and he swung me in a circle. Belding handed Zack the microphone when we walked up to accept the trophy and cash prize. "Thank you all, but we couldn't have done it without my girl Rocky," he said looking down at me. I looked up at Zack and the room awwed. "On the contrary, Zack I would not be on this stage with out you," I said.

     After we had packed away all the instruments, Zack came up to me. "Are you free tonight," he asked. "Well I'm supposed to have dinner tonight at Kelly's house for preChristmas dinner, but I'm free tomorrow," I said. "Can I pick you up at 7:30 tomorrow for a special evening," he said. "Sounds wonderful," I said. I went home and got changed for dinner at Kelly's and like usual it was hectic. We had dinner first then we exchanged presents and stayed and talked for a bit. When it started to get late we decided to head home and I went straight to bed. The following morning I noticed Zack's car was gone from the driveway so I went to my art room to work on a painting. "Hey Rocky, mom wants to know if you are hungry for some lunch," Robbie said knocking on the door. "Sure I could eat," I said rinsing out my brushes and covering my pallet. Once I was done I walked out to the kitchen to get some lunch.

   "What're we having," I asked. "Fried chicken," Mom answered. The day passed rather quickly and when it was 6:00 I started to get ready for my date with Zack. I jumped in the shower and then when I was done I let my hair air-dry and got dressed. I picked out a pair blue jeans, a t-shirt, and did light natural make up. When I looked at the clock it was 7. I decided that I wanted to wear my glasses so I slipped them on and pulled back my side bangs, then there was a knock on my door. "Just a sec," I said taking one last look in the mirror. I went to my door and found Robbie. "Zack is here for you," he said. "Thank you," I said giving him a quick kiss on the cheek and going to meet Zack. "I'll have her home by 10," Zack said. "You know what you guys don't have school tomorrow so have her home by 11," dad said. "Thank you dad," I said giving him a big hug. I took Zack hand and we walked out to the car. "Where to Zack," I asked. "Tonight is a surprise," he said opening the passenger door and handing me a blindfold. I sat down in the car and put on the blindfold. We drove for what seemed like forever, until we came to a stop. He helped me out of the car and I heard the crash of waves then he removed the blindfold.