Graduation

*Rocky P.O.V.*

     The rest of the school year passed pretty uneventfully and a week before graduation I turned my notice into work. "What's this," Heather asked. "My week notice. I'm graduating next week and am going on a trip, but I don't know when I'll get back," I said. "Oh. Well we will miss you," she said. "Thanks. I'll miss you guys too," I said. "Hey just know that you are welcome to come back to work when you get back from your trip," she said. I gave here a smile before clocking in and getting to work. The days passed and before I knew it, it was graduation day. I was getting ready with the girls at Lisa's house and we were chatting while getting ready. "I still can't believe you and Zack got cutest couple," Jessie said. "I know. It feels weird graduating away from home," I said meaning Tennessee. The room fell quiet at my comment and I spoke again. "But I'm glad I get to graduate with my best friend's today," I said making them all smile.

    After the graduation ceremony we all hung out together to celebrate. "So what's your plans before you start school," Jessie asked. "Oh. Zack and I are going on a road trip. We're going to go visit some of my old friends and grandparents," I said. "And I'm excited for every minute," Zack said kissing my forehead. "Alright everyone. Showtime," Mr. Belding said. We got into our lines and walked into the gym and took our seats. Zach and I sat next to each other. We all received our diplomas and sat down while Jessie made her valedictorian speech. When she was done we tossed our caps in the air in celebration.

     Afterwards we all hung out together and partied through the night. A couple days later Zack and I loaded up his car and began our road trip to Tennessee. Dakota laid in the backseat and Zack drove for the first part of the trip. While he drove slept then when we stopped after a few hours we stopped for gas and a potty break, then I drove for a while. After a couple of days of nonstop driving we finally arrived at my Grandparents' house around eleven o'clock at night. "Awww. Pumpkin, you made it," Grammy greeted hugging me. "Hey Grammy. Where's Pappy," I asked. "He went to bed a couple hours ago. You two are probably exhausted. I'll show you to your room," Grammy said. "Thank you Grammy," I said. "You mean you're okay with us sleeping in the same bed," Zack asked. "Of course, I'm not some strict old person," she said.

     We went into the spare room and it was just as I remember it. Zack set our bags down and we were too tired to change so we just climbed into bed and passed out. The next morning I woke up to the sun shining through the window. Zack was still passed out, so I quietly climbed out of bed and Dakota followed me out. "Good morning Grammy," I said walking into the kitchen. "Good morning, pumpkin," she said hugging me. "Good morning Pappy," I said hugging him. "Good morning, angel. What time did you get here last night," he asked. "Around eleven o'clock. How come you weren't up to greet us," I asked. "I needed to sleep so that I could spend the day with my favorite granddaughter," he said. "Awww," I said. I kissed his cheek and Dakota let out a yip. "And who's this gorgeous baby," Pappy said. "This is my girl, Dakota Moon," I said petting her head. "You mean OUR girl," Zack said coming out of our room in a fresh set of clothes. "You must be Zack," Pappy said getting up to greet him.

    "Pleasure to meet you, sir," Zack said. "Please call me Pappy. I have a feeling that I'll be seeing a lot more of you," Pappy said. "So what do you two plan on doing today," Grammy asked. "I was going to go see Rachel today. I want to surprise her," I said. "Oh does she work today," Grammy asked. "Yeah. I'm going to go change and then we will go see her," I said before heading to the bedroom. I walked in and closed the door before changing into a pair of jeans, my boots, and a Whitney Houston t-shirt. I brushed out my hair then brushed my teeth before rejoining Zack. "You ready," Zack asked clipping on Dakota's leash. "Yeah let's go," I said snatching his car keys. "Hey," he said. "I'm driving. I know the area better," I said. "Fair point," he said clicking his tounge signaling Dakota to follow. "See you in a bit," I said to Grammy and Pappy before leaving.

   We climbed into the car and I began our drive to Sevierville. We pulled of the interstate and I drove to Rachel's work. We pulled up and I turned off the car. "Wait right here. I'll be right back," I said. I climbed out the car and went up to the back door. I rang the bell and her General Manager answered the door. "And you are," she asked. "I'm here to see Rachel, she's an old friend of mine," I said. "I'll send her right out," she said before going back inside. I walked back out to the car and leaned in the window. "She'll be right out," I said to Zack. "Can't wait to meet her," Zack said. He gave me a quick kiss and then I heard her. "No freaking way. Rocky is that you," she said excited. "Rachel," I said equally excited. We hugged each other for a long moment before we parted. "What are you doing back here? I thought you moved to California," she asked. "I did. We graduated so we decided to take a little road trip before we start college," I said. "Wait, we," she asked. "Rachel, this is my boyfriend Zack Morris," I introduced as he climbed out of the car. "Pleasure to meet you Zack," she said hugging him. "And that is Dakota Moon," I said pointing to the back seat. "How beautiful," she admired.

   "So how long are you in town for," she asked. "Probably about a month," I said. "We are going to attend the University of California, Santa Cruz together," Zack said. "Wow. That's great news. I'm glad you two are able to go to school together," she said. We chatted for awhile longer before her manager called her back in. "Hey I gotta go, but maybe we can hang out when I got a day off," she said. "Sounds great. Call me at my Grammy's house and we'll set up a day," I said.