Anniversary Date

*Rocky P.O.V.*

    When Zack had fully removed the blindfold I recognized the area as where we had our first date. "I figured we should spend our 2 month anniversary where we had our very first date," Zack said. "Aww. Zack this is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me," I said. "Let's go have some fun," he said taking my hand and leading me out on the boardwalk. We went and played some games then we got hungry so we went into one of the restaurants and ate dinner. "Is there a special occasion tonight," the waitress asked. "We are celebrating our anniversary," Zack said taking my hand. "Aww. I'll be right back," she said. She was gone for a couple of minutes then when she returned she was holding a plate with a slice of cake on it. "On the house for the happy couple," she said. We ate our cake then Zack paid and we walked out to the viewing area and sat down on a bench.

   "I have something for you," Zack said pulling something out of his pocket. I looked over and he was holding a little box with a ribbon. "Zack. But I didn't get you anything," I said taking the ribbon off. "This gift was last minute anyway," Zack said with a smile. "Zack. It's beautiful and my favorite flower," I said when I opened the box and saw a orchid necklace.

 It's beautiful and my favorite flower," I said when I opened the box and saw a orchid necklace

"Can you help me put it on," I asked holding it out to him. He took it and I held my hair to the side so he could clip it. "I love it Zack," I said admiring it. "I'm glad you love it," he said wrapping an arm around me as we watched the sun set. "I just want to stay in this moment," I said laying my head on his shoulder. We sat there in a comfortable silence until Zack cleared his throat. "There is something I've been meaning to tell you. I've said it in my notes but I think it's time I said I out loud," he said. "What is it Zack? You can tell me anything," I said. "Rocky. I love you," he said. I sat in shock for a moment before I responded. "Zack, I love you too," I said. He pulled me close and kissed me passionately. It felt just as special as the first time we kissed at the Halloween dance. When we finally pulled apart we snuggled together for a bit longer before we got up to head back home.

   "Before I take you home I got a surprise for you," he said when we got in the car. "Ok. You really got a lot of surprises tonight," I said. We drove for about 20 minutes until he came to a stop outside a small house. "Come on," he said opening my door. I climbed out and we walked in the house. "Zack. Isn't this breaking and entering," I asked worried. "No. Not if it's family," he said leading me through the house. "Faith," he called. Not long later I saw a girl about our age poke her head around the corner. "Zack. Good to see you," she said. "Faith this is my girlfriend Rocky. Rocky this is my cousin Faith," he said. "Nice to meet you Rocky," she said shaking my hand. "So can we see them," Zack asked. "Zack what are we doing here," I asked. Faith nodded her head to Zack's question and led us deeper into the house. "I promise you a special night and I've already talked to your parents and they said that you could pick one out," Zack said. "Pick one what out," I asked. "A husky puppy," Zack said as we reached a back room where there was a pen set up.

    I looked into the pen to see a mother husky nursing 12 puppies. "Aww Zack they are adorable, but I can't decide tonight because it's getting late and it will take me a while to decide," I said. "They should be ready to be picked by people next week. Then their personalities will shine and I'll let you have first pick," Faith said. "Really!? Thank you so much," I said excitedly. "Well I guess we'll be back next week," Zack said. "Then you'll have one week to prepare your home for your little fur baby," Faith said. We said goodbye to Faith then headed back outside to the car and Zack drove us home. "I'll bring you back out here Thursday morning to pick. Okay," Zack asked. "Sounds perfect," I said.

   When we pulled into Zack's driveway we sat there a moment in silence, before Zack turned to me. "Who was that song about that you sang for the talent show," he asked. "I figured you were going to ask eventually. I wrote that song when Jacob and I first started going out. He was the bad boy of the school so not many girls told their parents about him," I answered. "Do you have a song about me," he asked. "I've been working on one. I plan to play it for you for your Christmas present," I answered. He looked at me and smiled before he leaned closer and gave me a kiss on my temple.

   He walked me to my porch and we said goodnight before I headed inside to go to bed. I had my hand on the door handle then turned around to face Zack who was walking away. "Zack," I said. "Yeah," he said turning around. I hopped down the steps and jumped in Zack's arms and gave him a big kiss. He held me for a moment before he kissed back and set my feet back on the ground. "Goodnight baby," I said when we broke apart. "Goodnight babe," he said as I walked back to the door. I walked inside and found Robbie and Ritchie in the kitchen. "What was that," Robbie asked. "Relax it's not the first time we've kissed," I said patting them on the shoulder. "What," they exclaimed together. "Goodnight," I said with a giggle as I walked up to my room.