Summer

*Rocky P.O.V.*

After the holidays it was soon time to return to school. I said goodbye to my mom and Dakota then met Zack out on his drive way. "Good morning Gorgeous," he said hugging me. "Good morning handsome," I said. We got in his car and drove to school and the rest of the school year passed pretty quickly and before I knew it, summer came. "You need to get out of the house," Ritchie said one day. "Well what do you suggest," I asked. Zack had gotten a summer job on the other side of town so I rarely ever saw him. "How about getting a job. I hear the movie theater in the mall is hiring," Ritchie said. "Fine I'll go fill out an application," I said getting up to go get dressed. I rode my bike down to the mall to fill out an application for the movie theater.

When I arrived I walked up to the ticket booth. "Which movie and how many," the girl asked uninterested. "I'd like to fill out an application please," I said. "Here," she said handing me a two page packet. I grabbed a pen from my bag and filled out the application then brought it back to her. "I'll take it to the boss. Wait on that bench," she said before walking away with my application. I waited out on the bench and soon I was approached by an older woman dressed in the theater uniform. "Rockelle Morgans," she asked. "Yes ma'am," I said standing and holding out my hand. "Pleasure to meet you," she said.

We proceed with an interview and it was going well. "So when can you start, Rockelle," she asked. "When would you like me to start," I asked. "How about tomorrow," she asked. "Sounds good and please call me Rocky," I said. "Ok, Rocky. One more question. What movie would you say is your favorite? It will go on your name tag," she said. "I'd have to say Casablanca is my favorite movie," I said. "Alright. See you tomorrow at 11am," she said. "See you then," I said.

I went back home and it was time for dinner. "So Rocky what did you do today," Mom asked. "I got a job over at the mall theater," I said. "Oh that's nice. Are you going to keep working there when school starts back," Dad asked. "If I like it, most likely I'll stay," I said. "Good. It'll be good for you to make some more friends," Robbie said. I got up around 9:30 and began to get ready for the day. I rode my bicycle to the mall and locked it up outside. I walked in the mall and they led me in the back where I was given my uniform.

Throughout the summer I worked five days a week sometimes six. When it was about a week until school started back Zack returned from his summer job. I walked out of the house dressed for work and felt a pair of arms wrap around me. At the time I didn't know he was back, so in response to being grabbed I elbowed him in the stomach and then grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back. "Ahh! Mercy! It's just me babe," he cried out. "Zack! I didn't know you were back already," I said releasing him. "Yeah I wanted to surprise you," he said. "Well I'm genuinely surprised," I said. "What's all this," he asked. "Oh while you were gone I got a job at the movie theater," I said posing. "You look great babe," he said.

When we started back at school I walked in with Zack and met up with the others. "Hey preppy let's go talk," Slater said. Zack walked off with him and I opened up my locker. "So did Zack tell anything about his summer," Jessie asked. "No why," I asked. "I think you should ask him about it," Kelly said. "Okay," I said confused. I walked in the direction that Zack and Slater went and over heard them. "Preppy you need to tell her," Slater said. "She doesn't need to know," Zack said. "Zack the bet is over. You need to tell her the truth and tell her about the summer," Slater said. "A bet. That's all I am to you," I said stepping out. "Rocky," he said surprised. "Zachary James Morris! Do not lie to me," I said firmly raising my voice. By now a crowd had gathered. "Rocky. It's not like that," he said. "Don't call me Rocky. Tell me the truth," I said. "Rocky. It was a bet, but only to Slater," he said stepping towards me. "Don't touch me! I trusted you Zack, you know about my past, the reason why I have trust issues," I said. He stood still looking at his feet. "I fell in love with you and it was all a lie," I said. "Please let me explain," he said. "We're done Zack. And in case it's not clear I quit the band," I said before walking off.

*Zack P.O.V.*

"You! You planned this! You want her for yourself," I said pointing my finger at Slater. He stood there grinning and I continued. "The whole gang knows that nothing really happened between me and Stacy. And you also know that she was never a bet to me. Now you have probably cost me the love of my life," I yelled. He was speechless and I started jogging in the direction that Rocky went. I couldn't find her so I thought about where she would go. I jogged outside and found her on the bleachers.

"Rocky," I said climbing the bleachers two at a time. "Leave me alone Zack," she said. "You were never a bet to me," I said. She still wouldn't look at me so I sat next to her and continued. "When you moved in next door and I first saw you, I thought I was looking at an angel. You were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. And Slater thought the same, so he came up with that stupid bet. The bet that I never agreed to, and the thing about this summer. I made a new friend named Stacy, nothing happened between us, because I love you," I said. I saw that I was beginning to get through to her so I kept going. "Rocky, I love you. You are the love of my life and it would kill me if I lost you," I said. Now she was looking at me and her eyes were red from crying. "Zack I trusted you. Why didn't you tell me about the bet in the first place," I asked. "I was afraid that you wouldn't believe me and I would lose you," I said.

We made up and went back to how things were. When we came across Slater, I saw the fire in her eyes as she stormed up to him. She grabbed his suspenders and kneed him in the balls. "Ahh," he squealed out. "Don't cross me again or else you won't be having any children," she said.