Dream | Room | Man

|RORY|

I woke up with Mom beside me. She smiled at me and asked if I was okay. I squinted my eyes and and nodded.

"Rory, who's that boy?"

"I'm sorry Mom, who are you talking about?"

I ask weirded. She just sighed and shook her head then headed to her bedroom. The last thing I remember is falling, geez.

Thinking about the voice I heard, cold sweat dripped from my forehead. I breathed out and ran up to my room. I looked out my window and the letter isn't there anymore.

"Strange"

Am I thinking things too much? It's not like I'm crazy, and that's not fucking happening. A rustling of sheets made me turn my head to my bed, and there was the letter.

"Mom? Mom!"

I yelled. In a flash Mom opened my door and stood beside me.

"What is it Rory?"

"That, are you seeing that?"

I pointed to my bed where the letter is. She knotted her eyebrows and squinted. Then faced me with a weirded expression.

"Nothing's there Rory. You must've scared yourself too much with that kid in glasses"

Mom patted my head and and cupped my cheeks. Wait did she just say kid in glasses? There's only one kid I know who wears that.

"Mom, are you talking about Richie?"

"Yes dear, that little deliquent was carrying your bridal style and was about to leave. Good thing I saw him. I even slapped him for touching you--"

"Stop! Mom, stop. Leave my room"

I was angry. I didn't know why. Is it because she hurted Richie? Or is it because she saw me with a boy? Why am I so unsettled with this. Didn't Mom see the letter on my bed? Is she blind now?

And why did Richie return here? I gotta ask him myself tomorrow. Mom didn't utter a single word and left me in my room. I changed to my pajamas and slept.

Minutes later I'm in dreamland....

I was wearing a small green shirt and brown pants playing with my red ball. A man walked over to me with a scissor in his hands.

It was red, I was pretty amazed thinking it was just watercolor.

"Rory? Come here, do you love your sister?"

The man asked and sat next to me. I cheerfully smile and answered.

"Yes Daddy, very much. I love Jary so much!"

January is my elder sister, she's so caring and so smart. Rory really loves her.

"Then do you still love her if she looks like this?"

Pulling out a head that looks exactly like my sister from behind the door, the man asked. I looked up and saw his face.

The back again to the head he was holding. Jary's eyes were crying blood, her mouth was cut in half and tears are mixed with blood falling from her scalp.

A chill sent shivers down to my spine as I shook my head and gulped.

"No. That's....that's not Jary"