Real | Truth | Hate

|RORY|

Walking to them, I got a hug. Though I wished it'd be warm, all I got was chills running down my spine as both of their hands fell on my back.

Pulling away, I began to notice something different. Jary wasn't holding her favorite stuffed teddy bear.

"Dad, I missed you. I missed you too sis. Where have you been all this time?"

I asked and looked around. Soon enough they were beside me, Jary linking her arms with mine and Dad hanging his arms on my shoulder. This scene is dreamy for me.

"We're here all this time Rory, it's so much fun!"

January squeeled. But something felt wrong. Wrong.

"January's right, this is the best place we've ever been to sweetie. And you might like it too"

Removing their arms on me, I walked backwards while looking at them. Something about Dad is really unsettling. Is there something I don't know about him?

"Daddy, what was I like when I was a kid?"

"You are cheerful. Friendly. Bubbly. And was the one who's always scared.....so tell me Rory are you scared right now?"

Dad asked. I widened my eyes seeing his eyeballs turn for a second. That and his answers made me more suspicious. Jary was suddenly nowhere to be found.

"No, Dad I'm not. I had Mom by my side"

"Mom this. Mom that. Why do you only love your Mom!? Is Daddy bad to you?! Did I ever hurt you?!"

He suddenly held me by my arms and dugges his nails in my skin. I whimpered silently from the pain but this time I was sure that something is definitely wrong.

"Yes Daddy, you're hurting me right now"

"What---I'm sorry. But you know February, I gotta ask you something good"

His voice began to change and his body began to twitch. He suddenly bended his body backwards then slowly stood back up and looked at me with orange eyes.

"Do you want to float too?"

He asked and slowly walked towards me. Being an instinct I took steps backwards in response.

"Are you still Daddy?"

"A good little girl answers when she's asked. So Rory, do you want to float too?"

"I'm asking, are you Daddy?"

"Answer my question February!"

"No"

"No? You don't want to float? You-You don't want to float with Daddy?"

"You're not...."

"I'm not what?"

Ever since I was a child, Mom wasn't always home, she spends more time in work than with us. Even now she's like that though. Dad being unemployed is the one tending to us, tying Jary and my hair, preparing us food.

He was never this aggressive, and he never raises his tone. And he never calls me February.

"You're not Daddy. Show yourself you motherfucker!"

I cussed and yelled at him throwing my scissors to his left eye. He suddenly wiggled on the ground. I hastily picked up the scissor he dropped.

He stood up. It was a clown. He just stared at me as I did the same.