Farewell | Unsaid | Wait

|RORY|

Eddie left me alone in the park and meet up with the rest of the gang. I spent half an hour playing by myself. Not until, I slipped and fell down the slide.

A pair of foot appeared in front of my face.

"As clumsy as ever eh?"

"Oh shut up and help me Richie"

He laughed and held me on my arms and pulled me up. The two of us sat down the swing again.

"Eddie gave the losers envelopes. He said that was from you. How come I don't have one?"

"Richie, I wanna ask, will anyone miss me if ever I'm gone?"

"Are you fucking kidding me, Rory?"

"Do I look like I have the time to kid right now?"

"Tsk. Naturally yes, you're one of us."

He answered and swung a little bit harder. Pulling something from my pocket, I gave him an envelope. The only difference is that his, was a little bit larger.

"What's in this?"

"Maybe pancakes, of course a letter. Read that tomorrow"

"Why not now?"

"Richie I'm leaving"

"Oh let's hang out again tomorrow then"

"No Richie, I'm leaving Derry"

"Haha nice joke"

He looked at me chuckling but his smile soon faded when he saw my serious expression.

"Open that envelope. Do not touch the letter, there's something else there"

"What? Mrs. K's bra?"

"Will you stop with that jokes Rich? God, you're ruining the mood"

I rolled my eyes, he just laughed and took out a small anklet from the envelope. He quickly wore it and stood up.

"It suits me right?"

"Yeah, I would suit you too Richie"

He suddenly stopped talking and his face heated up. Sitting down he asked me.

"Rory I have something to say. Like really important, more important than my summer experience essay for school"

He said urgently and took my hand. I quickly pulled it away and looked down at my feet.

"I have something to say to you too"

"Can you say that after I finished mine?"

"No, I must go first bitch. Ladies first"

"Oh you're a lady now?"

Smacking his head, I rolled my eyes and chuckled a bit.

"I'm leaving Richie, it's not a joke and one more fucking pun about what I said and I'll stuck that bracelet up your sorry ass"

Silenced ruled between us.

"Why?"

Sighing in relief that he didn't joke about what I said, I answered his question.

"Long story, short"

"Oh longer than my pickle?"

"Yeah longer than your---"