Chapter 10: Born to Fly

"Once you have tasted flight,

you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,

for there you have been,

and there you will always long to return." 

Leonardo Da Vinci

And with that she closed the old beamer and went outside, without saying goodbye, leaving a shocked class staring at the now empty board.

Well Lily thought as she started to exit with the others that was quite a dramatic exit.

 "Do you like them?" asked Zack at her right side, indicating the dragons in front of the lake

Miss Ayeri, or simply Aurora as she had said she preferred, was helping the others wearing their coats for their first flight, and going around checking the safety of the saddles on the dragons so that the riders wouldn't fall during the flight. She was a young woman, around her thirties, with long dirty blonde hair, green eyes as her dragon and tanned skin, probably for all the flights she did under the sun.

They were in front of the gorgeous lake that Lily had saw when she had arrived. It was giant, more than three times the Academy and was surrounded by giant Oaks, making the scene almost fairy-tale like. Sometimes, some wind would ruffle the branches that would gently brush her hair, transporting leaves and a beautiful smell of forest.

"Yes, they are truly beautiful" she replied, grinning as Erebos had engulfed on a cloud of smoke their teacher, who simply looked annoyed "What's their name?" she asked.

"Let's see... The golden boy there is Woden, my dragon" he said indicating the giant dragon who was looking happily at the sky with big purple eyes. He was as big as Erebos, both the biggest of the seven. It was clear that, like them, he was anxious to finally fly with his rider.

"The red one with Emma is Estia, the grey one with Mattia is Zeus and with Seiko we have Neit, the only one of the Seven who has feathers" he said indicating the giant white dragon who was looking doubtfully at the saddle in her back. She was, in fact, the only one covered with white plumage, even though there were long thorns sprouting from the back.

"Then we have Kali, the green dragon with David and Oceano, the blue one with Victor" concluded Zack.

"They all have beautiful names" she said to him smiling "I can't wait to finally fly with Erebos" she added smiling in excitement. She just couldn't wait to be in the air with him.