Chapter 16: Strange questions

"Don't trust everything you see... Even salt looks like sugar"

Maryum Ahsam

She looked at the number three in the frame for the last time before turning around and walking away.

Even if she really wanted to, she had a feeling she wouldn't see that room for a very long time.

 While she walked down the hallway, she also found Victor coming out his room, so they walked together to the lake where the director was probably already waiting with a scowl on his face

Victor was also wearing the suit on and, like her, it hugged perfectly his athletic figure. He too was wearing on the daggers while the helmet rested peacefully under his right arm. On his chest, above the heart, stood a blue dragon.

Lily looked at dishevelled black hair and smiled at him knowing he too had packed and dressed up in hurry. He grinned at her in response, making his now darker eyes shine. On his usual dark blue eyes there were now flickers of a lighter blue, just like the eyes of his dragon.

"Ready?" he asked her, opening the door and exiting the mansion.

"Are you?" she replied, walking out the door.

"I just hope that where we are going there are libraries" he replied grinning.

Lily laughed at that, knowing that his thirst for knowledge was even worse than hers. Both of them, with also sometimes Seiko, would be found on their few free hours, always on the library to study or somewhere reading a book too big.

They walked in silence, looking around for the last time the Academy and trying to remember every detail.

The sun was now up and illuminated perfectly everything, making the air warmer. The riders were nowhere on sight, probably preparing for the examinations, and only teachers and security men could be see running around like they had the pants on fire, shouting orders right and left.

When they arrived at the lake, only half of the squad was already there. To the appeal were missing Emma, Seiko and Mattia with their respective dragons. Zack, David and the director were already there, all dressed up in their armours, discussing something while the dragons stayed near the lake waiting patiently.

With them there were also a gryphon who looked highly like Calien, the one who take her and Arya to the Academy, and a big scaled dragon, probably the biggest Lily ever saw among his type.

While he wasn't tall like the Seven Dragon, he easily reached ten metres. He had big dark grey thorns around his head that formed a crown and that continued on his back and tails. The rest of the body was of a deep silver and his eyes were a strong almost electric blue. He was looking at the other dragons with a serious expression.