Chapter 12: Numbness in anger

"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.'

I do not agree.

The wounds remain.

In time, the mind, protecting its sanity,
covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens.

But it is never gone."

Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

She would say she didn't remember that the lights had given up to darkness.

Lily would say she remembered how the sound of a giant roar outside the building broke into her head and how good it felt to hear Chantal's beautiful slim nose, broke under her punch.

The first thing Lily noticed when she had finally come back to her senses, was that she was being held down by someone. She was looking dully up at the ceiling, where the lights were returning, even if they would sometimes still flicker, as if someone was toying with them.

Strong arms on her arms and legs were keeping her down with almost bruising force, but there wasn't really no more reason, the willing to fight was now long gone, replaced by a horrible feeling of numbness.

She could faintly hear the muffled cry of Chantal in the distance over the rush of blood in her ears, but she didn't look at the other girl, afraid of what she had done, afraid of what she had been capable.

Strong roars of anger were still coming from outside, where Erebos was trying to enter. She had vaguely heard from someone that Oceano, Zeus and Neit were trying to keep him out, so he wouldn't reduce the entire building into ashes. It still wasn't enough as others dragons had also arrived to help to keep down the enraged beast.

She could feel his anger, his outrage for the hurt the other girl had caused on his rider.

The sweaty face of David suddenly come into her vision, his calming chocolate eyes filled with worry and slight panic, emotions so strong on the usual calm, if not sarcastic, young man.

"You ok?" he asked, panting a little.

Lily didn't respond and turned her hazel eyes to the ceiling, fixing her attention on a particular trembling light. She wondered for a moment how much it would take to eventually die out, every time it seemed to have more trouble restart.

"You never do anything half-way, don't you?" he asked again, regaining her attention. He had a tight smile and maybe he was trying to laugh at the situation, in an attempt to distract her from the chaos behind him.