Prologue

"Is it just me or you're not seeing anyone right now?"

I asked my friend, trust me when I say he's my friend. It's not really the perfect question to ask but I needed to break the silence between us.

It was an unusual day where it was only the two of us walking on our way to our respective apartments. Usually, it was the four of us, Jimin, Maya, him and me, but the other two decided to leave the two of us alone.

And clearly, he was taken aback by my question, surprised that I, of all people, would ask him this. I've never asked about it as he would usually be the one to bring it up without me asking or giving a damn care. We've known each other since we were toddlers, no secret is kept between us, and that includes all of his relationships.

He moved his face closer to mine.

"What's this? Why is Y/N suddenly interested in my relationship?" He said with a smirk plastered in his face.

"Wipe that smirk off your face Jungkook." I said, pushing his face away from me and he laughed at my gesture.

He looked away and said,
"No, I'm not seeing anyone."

Well this is quite surprising.

"You still haven't moved on from Liza?"
I asked him with a concerned look in my face. Liza is Jungkook's first love, and he hasn't found someone else to replace her in his heart ever since they broke up. It was his fault anyway. Karma is really a bitch.

"No, I've forgotten about her already. I think I'm falling for someone else. She was right beside me the whole time. I don't know why it took me this long to realize." He said and looked at me sincerely.

Well, this is awkward. I know it's not good to assume things, but is he talking about me? I mean, people have been saying we suit each other really well but I've never thought about it and I've never thought about Jungkook in that way, he's just a friend, a best friend, a brother.

"W-who's the unlucky girl?" I said, trying to keep my eyes away from him.

He paused for a second and looked at me in the eye.
"You'll know when the time comes."
He said and flashed a heartfelt smile.

Sht. This can't be happening. Jungkook is actually making my heart beat faster. He can't be serious, right? I mean he must have always seen me as a sister too. I need to divert the topic away from me.

"Are you talking about Maya?"
I suddenly blurted out.

Wait what why the hell did I mention Maya? Everyone knows Jimin likes Maya and Jungkook would never like her, she isn't his type. My mind clearly wasn't functioning when I said that.

He was so shocked at what I said. Well, I am too.

But what's more surprising is what he replied.
"W-wha, h-how did you know? Was I that obvious?"

This is the story of how the bad boy fell for the good girl and how he changed for that girl. Except in this story, I'm not the good girl, and neither did the bad boy fell for me, I'm not even the love rival. I'm just the best friend, the sidekick, a side character.

This is a love story told from the perspective of a side character. If I had to write a summary about this, it would be... uhhh...

Well sh*t.

-

A/N I honestly have no idea why I'm writing teen drama shizzles and stuff since I hate this kinda stuff but let's just see LOL