Chapter 22: Send my Love

Chapter 22:

It is a proven fact that people who are good in studies are stupid in love. A living proof of that is this guy named Park Jimin. Throughout the years, he has always been the first in our batch and as you can see, he's really stupid when it comes to love, a lot of girls like him and yet he still chooses to pursue the one girl who don't. Well, that's his choice I guess, he's old enough to know what he wants for himself. Another living proof of that is Maya, who was the valedictorian of their school before she moved here, and here she is, rejecting this almost-perfect man Jimin and still waits for Jungkook to like her back again. Seriously, these two are so stupid.

Ha, I'm such a hypocrite,  like I'm one to talk. Here I am, making this almost perfect guy named Kim Taehyung wait in vain while I'm here waiting for Jungkook to like me back too. Seriously, people who are good in studies make the most stupid decisions in real life.

Why am I suddenly talking about this? Well, today is the day our ranking will be posted in the school bulletin board. Yes, they're gonna post the ranking of 569 students, all ranked from 1st to 569th. Well, I'm not worried. I may not look like it but I'm actually smart. I expect myself to be in the top 10, or top 5 or maybe second. Jimin and I have always been the first and second throughout the years and I think I still did pretty well for this semester.

“Taehyung, can you see the rankings?” I asked Taehyung as I tiptoed, trying to see the results from where we stand as a bunch of people are already in front of us, swarming around the board.

“Yeah I see it pretty well.” Taehyung squinted his eyes, trying to get a better view of the paper. Perks of being tall.

“Oh really? What's my rank?” I asked, even though I'm pretty confident I'll still be second.
“One, two, three, fourth. You're fourth.” He counted through the names as he looked for my name. Well, see I didn't need to ask I'm sure I landed f- WAIT WHAT?!

“What do you mean I'm fourth?! Are you sure?!” I exclaimed at Tae as I held him by his shoulders and shaked his whole body.

“Y-yeah. You're fourth. I’m so happy for you!” He replied gleefully and did the same to me.

“I can't be fourth! I mean, I'm always behind Jimin, that can't be right!” I argued once again, now raising my tone as I shoved off Tae's hands from my shoulders.

“Well, yeah you're behind Jimin, ‘cause he's third.”

“A- WHAT?!” I shouted at Tae pretty loudly, which made him cover his ears.

“I expected that, I was a bit distracted back then.” Jimin giggled from the side. Maya giggled awkwardly along with him, knowing she was the reason for that. Jimin seemed like he doesn't hold grudges about it though, that's how much of an angel he is.

Thinking about it, if Jimin and me are in third and fourth, who landed on first and second? I'm guessing Maya is first, so who's second?

“What about Maya?” I turned to Tae and asked.

“She's second.”

“Hu-WHAT?! Who's first then?” I pulled Taehyung by his collar, like he just killed my hamster with his statement.

“Wow baby, congrats you got first.” I heard Jungkook's voice from the other side and saw him kiss the forehead of the girl she congratulated. I realized it was Julia. The same Julia from the chapters 13&14.

I approached Jungkook and faked cough. “Wow.”

He turned to look at me and when he noticed it was me, he immediately asked Julia to leave.