Chapter 13: Confrontation

Chapter 13:

"So did you?"

"Y-yes. Yes I did."

The atmosphere became heavier after Jungkook's confession. The usual chatty Taehyung and Hoseok kept their mouth shut the entire time. I, too, was too scared to talk, to open my mouth even. Jimin never left his gaze on Jungkook, his whole body was shaking in anger. Jungkook, on the other hand, was looking at the ground the whole time. Hoseok, Taehyung and I keep exchanging glances without saying a word. We stayed like this for a few minutes. Until Jimin broke the silence.

"Let's take this outside. I don't want to cause any scandal in here." Jimin gathered his stuff and walked fast towards the exit.

After Jimin left, we all let out a heavy sigh. Hoseok sent signal to Jungkook to follow Jimin. Jungkook hesitantly took his stuff and trailed after Jimin. Hoseok was the next to move and then Taehyung. I picked up my bag and Jin's bag and checked our table to see if anyone forgot anything, then immediately ran after Taehyung. Jimin led us into this alley where it's quiet and not much people passing by. I don't think I should be here.

I reached for the helm of Taehyung's shirt. "Taehyung, I... I think I should get going first." I pointed towards the street of my apartment and gave him Jin's bag. He held my shoulder with both of his hands and pushed me in front of him.

"No you're a part of this too. You should stay." He said, still pushing me forward as I walk. Well, he has a point, but I'm scared. Jimin is scaring me. What if he gets mad at me? This is all my fault. I let myself be pushed until Jimin stopped. I realized I'm the one closest to Jimin right now, Jungkook and Hoseok are standing at a great distance from Jimin. Great, so now I'm the sacrifice.

I held Jimin's arm and spoke,
"Jimin, it's not what you think. Everything is my fa-"

"Y/N, please. Give us room to talk. Let us talk about this, as men." He cut me off calmly as brushed my hand from his. I bit my lower lip and nodded in response. I stood at a distance from them, a few meters behind Jimin, just watching them talk with one another hearing a few words here and there. Taehyung was in front of Jimin, while Hoseok and Jungkook stood at the separate sides. I want to leave, since Jimin indirectly told me to fck off already, and because I look stupid just standing there watching them argue, but I feel guilty for everything. If only I didn't tell Jungkook to hold off this confrontation, he wouldn't have been this mad.

"I've heard rumors, I didn't think they were true. I never once doubted you, Jungkook. I always thought we were friends that's why I believed in you." Is what I can hear from Jimin.

"You heard rumors? Why didn't you ask then?"

"I didn't want to question you! You're my best friend, of all the people who's gonna do this to me, why did it have to be you?! Your actions earlier proved the rumors true! I should've believed the others back then."

This is my first time seeing Jimin this angry. Well, who wouldn't be? Imagine your best friend stealing the person you like when you've already announced that to the whole world. It sucks doesn't it? I could only see his back but I could see his body shaking in anger. At this point, I can't hear anything they're talking about but they're still arguing. Jimin is doing all the talking, Taehyung joining the argument while Hoseok trying to calm them down. Jungkook just stood there speechless and stared at the ground. I wonder what they're talking about? I'm curious but I don't want to pry on this "men talk". And I wonder too what would people think if they see us in here dark, quiet alley, arguing and all.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" a voice creeped in from behind. I jumped in fear before turning to her.

"Oh it's just you Julia. You scared me." I placed my hand over my chest, catching my breath. Julia is our classmate, and she doesn't really have a good image in our school. She's known to changing boyfriends faster than you could say sabotage. And rumors are correct as she is with another man I'm unfamiliar with, walking down the street, at 9 PM.

"What's going on?" she asked as she sees the four arguing. I gave her a smile in response.

"OMG, are they fighting over you? That's our class rep!" she smirked as she teased me. Hahaha I wish.

"Y-yeah." I replied and let out a nervous laugh. Can she please just leave.

"Ohhhh. By the way, I need to get going now! Bye! Good luck in choosing!" She walked towards her boyfriend (I think), I waved her goodbye and she blew me a flying kiss. What a bit- ter gourd.

Where was I again? Oh yeah, the four idiots arguing. I can only hear faint sounds from here. I see Taehyung staring at me and looking a little mad. What did I do?

"This is the second time we fell for the same girl. And last time, I paved way for you! This time, I'm fighting for Maya! I'm not gonna give up on her!" Jungkook yelled. Yes, please shout so I can hear you all.

"Paved way? What are you talking about Jungkook, we had a fight before too! We both pursued her and she both rejected us! Besides, that's not the point here! Don't bring her up!" Jimin shouted back. How come I don't know this girl? They did tell me they made a promise of not falling for the same girl again but I didn't get to know who she is. These two are keeping secrets from me.

The two of them calmed down and talked softer. Damn, I can't hear what they're saying. I'm sorry for being a useless narrator, readers. This is as much as I can hear.

For a few minutes, they all stopped talking. Silence filled the air. Is it a sign for me to approach?

I walked closer to them silently and heard Jimin say, with his voice cracking,
"Jungkook, I'm not mad that she chose you. I will never get mad about that. I'm not mad at you either. I'm just disappointed. I just know that this incident could only lead to two things. It's either you will really change and both of you will be happy OR you continue being the bastard you are, and make her cry. And I swear, if you make Maya cry... I'll never forgive you."

Jimin turned around and we met face to face. I can see the sadness in his eyes. A tear escaped from his eye when he met mine. He immediately wiped it off and walked past me. I was about to come after him, but he looked like he needed the time alone. I could only look at him while he drift off in the darkness.

"What happened here?" I asked softly. No one replied to me, nor even moved a muscle.

"Hey. Talk to me." I approached Jungkook and held his hand. He suddenly grabbed my wrist without looking at me.

"Let's go somewhere." He pulled me slowly as he started walking. Taehyung and Hoseok followed shortly, with Jungkook in front, leading us.

He let go of my hand and walked faster. I tried catching up to him, but failed. My stamina isn't as great as his. None of us talked on our way somewhere.

It was another usual evening in Seoul, the streets still busy even at this hour. We stopped walking when the lights turned green, the cars started moving. Jungkook looked up at the street light and stared at it.

"Y/N, was I wrong?" Jungkook whispered to me, his eyes still focused on the light.

Yes, why would you even ask that? Yes you are! If I were to be honest, this would be what I'll be replying. But looking from his perspective, he just did what he thought was right. What if Maya really is the one for him, and he didn't make a move because of Jimin?

"It's never wrong to love someone." I replied and flashed him a faint smile. He turned to look at me with his eyes widened.

"And don't worry. You'll get through this! You two will make up some time! I promise this. Just give it time." I reassured Jungkook.

I promise I'll support the two of you from the sidelines. I won't let our friendship die. We can all go back to our happy times someday.

Even if I have to set aside my feelings.

To be continued.

A/N: YAY Finally got to this part, I didn't think it would take 13 chapters to get here like what the hell, this could've been done within 5 chapters. So IDK how I dragged it this long. Anyway, enjoy?