Chapter 23: Lost Stars

Chapter 23:

“Y/N, not to be rude, but… why are you here?” Hoseok put down his chopsticks as he wondered why am I doing sitting in front of them at lunchtime.

“Like it's bad? Why? Am I not your friend now? That I can't eat lunch with you guys? Is that what you're saying?” I asked Hoseok in a defensive tone, slamming my palm on the table. Hoseok and Jin jumped in surprise from my sudden action. Hoseok gulped before uttering, “No-no that's not what I meant! I mean, you never eat lunch with us, you always eat lunch with Jimin, Maya and Tae-“

“Don't speak of that name in front of me!” I spat at Hoseok as I slam on the table harder. Both of their eyes widened in fear and gazed on the ground. “I-I'm sorry. It's just… Argh! I hate him so much!” I yelled, my voice resonating around the school cafeteria which made some people shush me. Shush my ass!

It's lunchtime, again, and I decided to go separate ways from the three, why? Taehyung, that's why!

“W-what happened between you two? I thought you two were getting along well.” Jin asked softly. I glared at Jin, took a deep breath and spoke, “Yeah, we were. Not until he told me that Julia is his ex!”

Hoseok and Jin looked at each other, confused. “What’s wrong with that?” Hoseok asked, still has a puzzled look on his face.

“You’re asking me what's wrong with that?! Do you even know who Julia is?!” I yelled, my voice stern and full of authority.

“Well yeah, we just saw her drop by our apartment last night and last year-“ Hoseok gasped as he covered his mouth from his slip of tongue. Jin hit Hoseok with his elbow, gesturing him to shut up.

“Last year huh? You mean when she was still with Tae?! So he brought her to your apartment?!” I raised my eyebrow at Hoseok the same way I raised my tone at him.

Hoseok and Jin looked at each other, Hoseok sending signals to Jin to take over. Jin gulped in fear and spoke calmly, “Y/N, I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not like Taehyung is cheating on you, right? That was in the past, Tae has moved on, so did Julia... I guess..? Since she's dating Jungkook now…. But anyway, don’t be jealous over it, Tae won’t cheat on you.”

My eyebrows furrowed as I glared at Jin. Why do they not understand why I'm mad?!

“I'm not mad over that! And I'm definitely not jealous! I don't give a damn about Tae's possibility of cheating on me- wait, we're not even going out. But anyway, I'm not mad over that! Do I really have to tell you the reason? Do I really have to spell it for you?!” I howled.

“Tell us so we'll understand.” Jin stated and Hoseok nodded in agreement. I glanced towards th opposite direction and took a deep breath. “You see…” Hoseok and Jin leaned in close to me, interested to hear what I was about to say.

“One of Taehyung’s charms is that he's innocent.” I explained to them halfway, I'd let them figure out the rest. Their eyebrows furrowed further and leaned in closer, waiting for me to continue. I stared at them for a few seconds with the words “You should know already damn!” written on my face. We stayed still like this for a few seconds, until Jin broke the silence, “So?”

“So if he dated Julia, that means they did the- those XX YY things!” I exclaimed at them, but not loud enough for everyone to hear.

“And then?” Hoseok asked, the confusion never left their faces.

“That’s it.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“That's it? You hate Tae because of the possibility that he- he did it with Julia?” Jin asked, confirming what he heard.