Chapter 17: Time

Chapter 17:

“Jungkook, what the hell did you do to Maya?!”

I rushed towards the two of them and grabbed Jimin from behind. “STOP IT, YOU TWO!”

“I didn't do anything to her! Why don't you go ask her?!” Jungkook shouted back, arranging the collar of his polo back to its original state. Jimin clenched his fist and prepared himself to punch Jungkook. I stepped in front of him and raised hands to hold his fist.

“Jimin, please!” I pleaded, tears about to fall from my eyes. Jimin turned to look at me and paused. He put his fist down and calmed himself.

“Who else would be making her cry then?!” Jimin yelled back angrily.

“I don't know! Why the fuck are you asking me?!” Jungkook shots back, equally mad with Jimin.

“Please stop! Jungkook didn't do anything!” Maya entered the room, her eyes puffy from crying.

“See, I didn't do anything.” says Jungkook as he went back to his seat.

Jimin glared at Jungkook and turned to Maya,  placing his hand on her shoulder and asked calmly “Tell me, what did he do?”

Maya's tears flow continuously as she bit her lip, trying to stop more tears from falling. Her eyebrows furrowed as she shook her head from left to right trying to pretend she was fine.

We didn't notice the teacher has already entered the room and had his hands on his hips, waiting for us to settle down.

“What’s the commotion all about?” He furiously asked. I bowed to him to pay my respects and apologized, “We're sorry, Sir. It was nothing.”

“If it's nothing, go back to your seats! Why aren't you doing your job as a class rep?” He asked as he slammed the papers on his table. I bowed my head again and apologized. All of us complied and went back to our seats.

Is this my fault?

-
Hours later and it was our lunch time. Maya and I skipped lunch and went to the rooftop to talk about what happened. She cried and cried to me as I hug her and ran her hair with my fingers.

“Tell me what happened? It's Jungkook right?” I asked, pulling away from our hug as I wipe her tears with my handkerchief.

“He was right. He didn't do anything. He didn't call nor text me for three days. He just… stopped. I tried to text him first, but then he just sent short replies. I tried to start topics that might interest him. I even researched about football, but then he just left it a seen. Is he mad at me? I don't know what I did.” She continued sobbing.

Jungkook started ignoring her? This sounds like what he did to his other girls. He suddenly stops talking to them for days and leaves them hanging, without a farewell or anything. He just… stops. Why did he do this? He kept saying how she's special and she is the one for him, but now he treats her like some other girl he dated. Come to think of it, didn't I wish for this to happen? For Maya to just be another one of Jungkook's girls? Another one of his one week past time? Now that it has happened, why? Why am I not happy? Why do I feel bad?

“Maybe he was just busy you know? Give him time, maybe he'll come back.” I reassured her, giving her hope that Jungkook might be coming back. It's true, though. There's a chance that he was just busy. For the past month, Jungkook has changed a lot, Maya has changed Jungkook a lot. He turned from a bad boy to a nice guy within a month. He stopped fooling around with. Deep in my heart, I knew Maya was the girl for him. This is the first time I genuinely hoped Jungkook was really busy and not just an excuse to dump his girl. As much as I am jealous of Maya, she's still my friend. She doesn't deserve this kind of treatment, no woman deserves this kind of treatment.
“That’s what he told me last night.” She wiped her tears and took out her phone.

4:47 PM

Maya:

Jungkook, what happened?

What happened to us?

5:30 PM