Chapter 21: Ready For It

Chapter 21:

“Y/N, we're not working out.”

Hearing these words made me stop reading my book and turned to look at the owner of the voice. What the hell?

“Uhh… yeah Jungkook, we're not even going out.” I raised my eyebrow in confusion. You see, our hero right here decided to just approach me after 272934 days out of the blue and the first thing he tells me is this, and especially now that I'm busy studying for the exam I'm going to take in a month. I have to make full use of every second I have to study because I need to pass that exam badly.

“Yeah…” Jungkook replied as he sat in the chair in front of me. He closed the book I was reading, held my hand and spoke, “That's why we need to go out so we could work out.” And then winked at me.

Did he just… confess? Wait, I'm not ready for this, I mean I’ve waited 21 chapters for this, but I can't just accept his confession, not after everything that happened. I'd look like the bad guy here because it'll seem like I stole Jungkook from Maya. And that's not good since Maya is my best friend and all. Then, there's Jimin too. What would he think about this? Jimin aside, what about Taehyung? He's been really nice to me and if I go out with Jungkook now, it'll look like I led him on or something. Oh my God, the cons are outweighing the pros. Wait, the only good thing about this is that I like Jungkook and it'd be good if he likes me back too. And with that, does that mean, Jungkook likes me back…?

“Let's go to the gym!” He added enthusiastically. My flustered face shifted to that of ‘disappointed but not surprised' face. This time, I don't blame him for doing this as much as I blame myself for actually believing him.

“I want you to be my gym buddy. Please?” He pleaded with his puppy eyes. I brushed his hand away from mine and proceeded to open my book. “You hang out with Jin too much.” I stated before turning my eyes away from him and towards my book.

“Yeah he was the one who gave me this advice after all. Is it effective?” He asked, his innocent smile still on his face.

“Ha. Ha. No. Why don't you just ask Jin then?”

“Can't. He says he's busy with graduation stuff, so no Jin or Hobi.”

“Why don't you ask Tae?”

“Can you see that lazy bum actually lifting weights? No? Well, same.” He replied as he rolled his eyes.

“Well he doesn't need it anyway hehe…” I answered as my mind drifted off to imagine Tae's body which I have never forgotten even up to this time. The sight of his body is still engraved in my mind and up til now, I still drool over the thought of it. Like right now, I didn't notice I was drooling which made Jungkook look at me in disgust. “Anyway, why don't you ask your bestfriend then, remember Jimin? You two are both muscle pigs.” I asked in a sarcastic tone, he glared at me in response and was left speechless.

“Why don't you ask him?” I repeated. Jungkook rolled his eyes once again and replied “I can't. Things are still awkward between us. I can't even talk to him normally, let alone ask him to go hang out with me. So no, you're the only one I can ask right now.”

Oh so now he knows the consequences of his actions, good for him.

“Sorry Jungkook, as much as you want me to be your slave once again, I really can't this time. I'm busy studying.” I stated and went back to reading page 1 of my book, which I've been staring at for 15 minutes.

“Studying? What for? Exams ended two weeks ago.” He scoffed, confused at my action. I actually haven't told anyone about my plans of going to Australia. It's not that I don't want them to know, it's just I'm too scared to tell them. I mean, it's too sudden, one time we're having fun and then the next, I'll be leaving. I don't know how to tell them.

“I'm studying in advance for our next exams.” I lied, well technically I'm not lying, I'm studying for our exams for real.

“Our exams are in two months.” He replied, his face now looking even more confused.

“Uhh that's why I said studying in advance. Anyway, this is really important okay. I need to study.” I looked at him with pleading eyes, letting him know I'm serious about this.

“Is it that important? More important than me?” Jungkook asked, leaning his face towards me.

“Yes. Yes. More important than you'll ever be. I'm taking this exam even if I die.” I replied as I slapped his face away.

“Really? What if I get hospitalized on the day of your exam, would you still take it?” He asked with a smirk plastered on his face. What's with this stupid question.

“Why would you even ask that, of course I'll still take my exam.” I replied fast and certain of my answer. Did he think he's that important to me? What an ass.

He looked down and smiled. He stood from his seat and leaned closer to me. “Liar, you'll ditch your exam and come take care of me, maybe you'll be even staying for a week taking care of me, just like you did last year.”

I turned to him, staring blankly at him. I was dumbfounded, how could he read my mind?

“Good luck in your exam. Say hi to your mom for me.” He said before leaving. Wait, how did he-

“Jungkook, y-you know?” I stood up and hurriedly ran after him.

“Yeah, your mom called me. She told me everything.” He smirked. Wow thanks, mom. It's not like I wasn't keeping it a secret.

“Of course she told you, she really likes you after all. Does anyone else know? Does Jimin know?” I whispered.

“Beats me. If your mom told Jimin then maybe. Don't worry I haven't told anyone.” He placed his hand on my shoulder and assured me.

“Thanks. Keep it a secret please.” I pleaded.

“Sure, don't worry about it, mate.” He said, imitating Aussie accent. I hit him in his chest and we both laughed.

-

Dismissal time and it's just Tae and me again. The whole Australia thing is messing with my mind and I don't have anyone else to talk to, I don't want to talk to Jungkook about it, he seemed really happy about me going, and the fact that he's not good at serious talks.

“Y/N, is there something in your mind?” Taehyung asked worriedly. How does this guy always manage to read me.

“It's nothing.” Was all I said and smiled at him.

“You sure? You can talk to me about anything.” Taehyung asked again, not believing what I said.

If it's Taehyung, I guess it's okay?

“Uhm actually there's something bothering me.” I replied softly.

“Hmmm?”

“I… Me… Well… What if you were asked to choose to live with your parents or your friends? What would you choose? Like you only get to pick one, you have to give up the other.” I stuttered, trying to summarize my situation.

“Well… it depends. I mean, I'm family oriented, and I love my friends as much as I do my parents, but it all depends on where my dream lies. On where I can pursue my dreams. I'm sure both parties would understand that.” Taehyung's face brightened up talking about this. I ‘m glad I talked to him. His words made me firm with my decision.

“Thank you.” I flashed my sweetest smile at him.

“You're welcome? I don't know how that helped but it's my pleasure.” He smiled back at me. His box smile brightens up my mood even better.

Just then, rain started pouring. We were walking on the open road and we didn't have any umbrellas with us. We ran towards the nearest shed to shelter ourselves from the rain. The weather was extremely cold and the rain is not helping in warming us up. I rubbed my arms, trying to heat myself up. Taehyung looked at me and let out a giggle. The rain starts pouring harder.

“It looks like the rain isn't stopping any moment soon.” Tae commented, rubbing his arms as well.

“Yeah, and we're soaking wet too. We're gonna get a cold at this rate.” I stated, fog leaving my mouth every time I open it.

“Yeah, we need to get changed. Let's make a run for it.”

“You guys' apartment is nearer right? Let's go. We're already wet anyway.”

“Okay, one. Two. Three. Go.” And with that, the two of us ran around like two kids feeling the rain for the first time. There was a sense of innocence between us, just the two of us running with our hands held tightly together, just laughing as we make our way towards their apartment.

We reached their apartment and we entered their room immediately. Taehyung lent me his towel and clothes for me to get changed. He took his clothes and left the room, giving me privacy. I changed into the clothes he gave me and once I finished, I noticed no one else was there in the apartment. Just me and Tae. Just the two of us. In the apartment.

Tae knocked on the door and asked if I was done. I turned the knob immediately and let him in.

“Hey where are the others?” I asked as I sat on Tae's bed.

“Uhm, Jin and Hobi are probably still at school preparing for their graduation. Jimin said he'll be going out today and Jungkook's probably out there too, doing whatever he does.” The bed dips as Taehyung sits beside me.

“So… it's just the two of us here right now?”

“Y-yeah sorry about that.” Tae said, scratching his head.

There was awkward silence between us for a few minutes. Us, sitting beside each other with only a few centimeters separating us. I've definitely felt this before.

“You looked beautiful out there.” Tae remarked, turning away from my gaze as if trying to hide his blush. I looked towards the opposite direction, with the same purpose as his. “T-thanks” I placed my hands on my side for support, I feel like I'm gonna faint any moment soon, this tension is killing me.

He slowly moved his fingers, walked them towards mine, placing his fingers on top of my hand. “But you look especially beautiful right now.” I turned to look at him to see his face as red as mine, neither one of us trying to hide our flustered face.

Taehyung leans in closer to my face, his hand caressing my cheek. I placed my hand over the hand he's using to touch me. I smiled at him and closed my eyes, inviting him to kiss me. He licked his lower lip and closed the gap between us. He leaned in closer as he closed his eyes, his other hand making its way to my cheek. He gently pulled me closer to him.

Just then, the door swung open, revealing Jungkook with his towel hung over his shoulder, his face wet and reeks of sweat, like he just got out from the gym. Jungkook stood still, with his hand still on the knob, at the sight of me and Tae's almost kiss.

I pushed Taehyung away and laid on the bed, slipping under the covers, while Tae moved away from me.

“Uhhh… sorry for the interruption.” Jungkook apologized softly as he gently closed the door. Tae ran after Jungkook and tried to explain that it was nothing and let Jungkook in the room. I pretended to be asleep as I listen to them talking about other things, Tae probably changed the topic.

Listening to their conversation made me sleepy, and made me doze off in Tae's bed.

To be continued.