Chapter 29: Everyday I Love You

Chapter 29:

I didn't get to sleep that much that night, my eyes were puffy and red from all the crying. I even have a cold now. I feel sick but I still felt the need to get up and go to school, I can't be absent for no reason.

What about Jungkook? Is he going to school as well? How am I going to face him now? I can't just pretend nothing happened, not when the events from last night have been replaying in my head for the past 8 hours.

I had to drink the leftover coffee I made from last night just to help me stay awake for the whole day. I hope nothing unusual will happen today. I've had enough stress in my life, I don't want another damn plot twist.

I checked myself in the mirror before finally going out. The bags underneath my eyes are completely visible, my eyes still red and lips look pale.

I decided to put on a heavy make up today, that way I can cover up this hideous eyebags. I breathed heavily before proceeding to turn the knob of my door and go outside.

The moment I got out, a figure stood before me. His face brightened up the moment he saw me and approached me immediately. He had his hands on his back like he's hiding something from me.

I just gave him a blank stare and turned to the opposite direction to lock my apartment door.

"Y/N. I-I'm sorry for last night... I... I was drunk... I didn't mean to do any of that... I'm sorry." Jungkook breathed as he handed me a bouquet of roses. My eyes trailed onto the flowers he was holding, before looking at him with cold eyes.

"Yeah, yeah I forgive you." I replied in a nonchalant tone.

"R-really?" He smiled like a little kid, teeth and gums showing.

"Yeah. I forgive you. So don't appear before me ever again." I gave him a fake smile before turning around and walking away from him. Did he think he can buy my forgiveness with some mere flowers? Who does he think he is?!

"Wait! Wait, Y/N! I..." Jungkook hurriedly ran after me and grabbed me by my hand. I shoved his hand away and let out a firm, "What?"

"I... I just want you to know I love you." He stated and flashed me a sad smile. I turned my gaze away from him and asked, "What am I gonna do about it?"

"You don't have to do anything. You don't even have to give me an answer. I just want you to know... I love you." His eyes squinted as the curves on his lips grew wider.

"You know pretty damn well I heard that a thousand times from your mouth, they weren't for me but I know how short your 'love' lasts. Your so-called 'love' is just temporary. You don't even know what the meaning of love is, so don't go telling me you love me." A tear escaped my eye as I gave him a sad smile. He approached me and held me by my shoulders. "N-not for you, I've loved you since forever, since I could remember. The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew you were the only one I would love. You're the only one I'm willing to spend the rest of my life is. I can't imagine a life without you. I love you."

I brushed his hands away from my shoulder as I sobbed, "Jungkook, you've hurt me a lot already. What's gonna stop you from hurting me more? And what will make me different from the other girls you've hurt? I know I'm not that special."

"That's why let me make it up to you. I'll fix all the mistakes I've done to you. I swear I'm gonna make you the happiest woman on earth. I'm never gonna hurt you again. No more of your tears will be shed. So, please... let me love you." His eyes started to water, his voice breaking as he speaks.

"No, Jungkook. I've had enough. I don't wanna hear anymore of your lies." I stated before turning my back to him and walked away. This time he didn't follow me and just stood there.