Chapter 15: Debt

Chapter 15:

"Y/N, I need your help please." Do I need to mention who this guy is? We all know that someone who only talks to me when he needs help. After days of ignoring me, pretending I don't exist, just because he already got what he wanted, here he comes back again for help.

"So you do still remember me? What a surprise." I scoffed, rolling my eyes at him.

"Please, I need your help!" Jungkook pleaded, pouting and flashing his puppy eyes. I don't have a choice anyway. He knows I can't resist when he begs for something.

"What is it this time?"

"So you're part of the student council right? Lend me the broadcast room for 5 minutes."

"WHAT?!"

"You see, today is my first month with Maya and I want to let her know how special she is to me. So I prepared a speech to announce my love for her. I want to let the world know I love her." His eyes sparkles as he talks about Maya. My god, when did Jungkook turn into such a sissy? And one month? You're telling me they ruined my life in a span of one month?! Now it scares me what their relationship could do to me in a year.

"Namjoon won't let you do that! Especially since it's his sister we're talking about. And you know the broadcast room is off limits to students esp to students like you who use if for their own pleasure! You can announce your love in other cheesy way you want!" I turned my back to him, I can't be a part of this again. Especially now I'm aware of my feelings for him. Even the little things make me jealous. When will he stop bothering me and think about my feelings for a second?

"Yeah, Namjoon won't let me, but I know you will." He held my hand and winked at me.
"Besides, isn't this the thing every girl wants? Like the guy announcing it with the whole school hearing it? I don't know how that makes a difference but that's what I read on some teen fanfics or whatever." He added.

"W-w-w-wait? You read fanfics? You? A jerkass who calls me a weeb for watching anime?" Yeah, this guy calls me a weeb when he himself spends his weekend playing Overwatch, and now he reads fanfics? Ha who's the weeb now?

"Maya asked me to read some. They're so cringey but I read them just for her. I got ideas on what girls think is romantic." Of course, it's Maya again. Okay, she's special. Don't rub it in my face!

"So anyway, please? Just 5 minutes?" he begged and held my hand even tighter. "Please, sis-"

"OKAY OKAY I WILL! I DON'T EVEN HAVE A CHOICE! Just know that when Namjoon scolds me for this, I'm taking you to hell with me!" I shouted as I shove my hands in his mouth to stop him from further talking.

"I swear to God, how many heinous crimes did I commit in my past life to meet you?! How many people did I kill to be punished this way?!" I continued ranting as we made our way to the broadcast room. I asked the guard for the key, a privilege reserved only for us student council officers. We entered the room and immediately locked it from the inside. Jungkook sat in front of the mic and tested it. He took out the paper he had with the speech written in it. He coughed before uttering a word.

"Good afternoon, everyone. May I get your attention please? So today is a very special day. Today marks the first month the most perfect woman in my life accepted my confession. I just want you to know that I love you so much." Jungkook spoke in front of the mic confidently, and smiling ear to ear. His eyes glimmered as he talks about how much he loves her. His speech went on for about 5 minutes of his rambling about his undying love and blah blah. Jealousy aside, it really is cheesy. I don't even know why the people in fictions love to do this. Do they even know the consequences of using the broadcast room for this nonsense? They can announce their love in another way, why does it have to be in the broadcast room? It's not like you're proposing or something. Dude, you've only been going out for a month. You probably can't even fart on each other's faces without getting embarrassed. Am I bitter? Yes. I think I am. How did she make Jungkook change this much? If it were me, would I be able to change him as well? There are so many questions in my mind.