33: If Heaven and Hell Decide

Trigger Warning

Chapter 33:

"Y/N, we have arrived." Jin called your name, waking you up from your sleep. You didn't realize you fell asleep all throughout the way to Busan, it was to be expected, since you didn't get to sleep that much that night. You took all your belongings and got off the train. Jin called for a taxi and you both entered the vehicle.

"Busan Hospital please." He told the taxi driver. Hearing the word hospital made you wonder why you needed to go to the hospital. You turned to Jin's direction, attempting to ask about it, but decided against it and you kept your mouth shut.

The ride on the way to the hospital was silent, neither you nor Jin attempted to start a conversation, nor even turn to look at each other. Jin stared outside the window the whole time, while you sat on your spot, fidgeting, not knowing what to do. You just hoped for the best, hoping everything you're thinking were all wrong.

You arrived at the hospital and got off the cab. Jin paid for the taxi and got off as well. You let Jin lead the way as you walk behind him, just following him wherever he goes. He went to the nurses station and talked to one of the nurses. 

"Which room is Jeon?" You heard Jin ask the nurse. The young nurse smiled at Jin and volunteered to take us there. Jin signaled you to follow them and you unwillingly complied. 

Every step you took gets heavier and heavier, it was suffocating you inside, you were having trouble breathing. You were hoping for the best, you were hoping it was nothing serious, you were hoping this was all just a prank orchestrated by Jungkook. You hoped this was all just a joke, and maybe a surprise was waiting for you inside. You told yourself you will forgive Jungkook, no matter how sickening of a joke this was, as long as it wasn't anything worse.

The nurse stopped by the room 420 and bowed to you and Jin before leaving. Jin held your hand and gave you a smile, his way of calming you down. He knows you've been anxious the whole day, and you definitely needed his comfort. You tried your best to reciprocate the smile he gave you. You let out a deep breath as Jin turns the knob and opens the door. You closed your eyes, hoping, for the last time, that everything is fine. You wished it would forever stay closed, maybe then you wouldn't have to see the view before you.

You opened your eyes, and you see a lone man lying on his bed, a needle stuck in his left hand, with a dextrose hanging on the metal beside his bed. He groaned, waking up from the sound of the door and sat back up.

"Oh Jin, you're here." Jungkook greeted Jin with a faint smile. You scanned him all over his body, and you noticed he lost a lot of weight, he got thinner, his round cheeks are no longer evident. His once rosy lips now as pale as the patient gown he was wearing. The dark circles under his eyes were also visible, possibly caused by lack of sleep. It has only been three days since you last saw him, but the changes are noticable. You covered your mouth in shock

His eyes wandered off to you, his eyes widened as he yelled, "Wait, why is Y/N here with you?! Why is she here?! I specifically told you not to tell her!"

Jin looked at you in guilt before walking closer to Jungkook, "Jungkook, calm down. I- I'm sorry." Jin apologized in a low voice as he tried to console him. He shoved Jin's hand away without averting his eyes from you.

"Why are you here?! Didn't you tell me you didn't want to see me?! Didn't you say you don't want me near you ever again? So why? Why are you here?!" He spat, he was shouting at you, but it wasn't out of anger, it felt more like he was grieving inside.

"J-Jungkook. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for everything I've said. I didn't mean any of that. I was so selfish, I was mad..." You cried as you approached him, you held his hand softly, he felt uneasy with your touch and turned to the opposite direction. "Listen to me please."