Chapter 31: Signs

Chapter 31:

"Y/N? Where is Jungkook? Why is he absent for the past 3 days?" 

"Do you know where Jungkook is?"

"Hey, I just noticed Jungkook didn't come to school today as well. Do you know where he is?"

"Y/N, have you seen Jungkook? He hasn't come home to the apartment since-"

"Bloody hell! I don't know, okay?! What am I, his babysitter or something?!" I snapped at the last person who asked me about Jungkook, anyone would too if they've been asked that for a thousandth time.

"Uhh okay. But chill. I just wanted to ask." Jimin pouted as he sat next to me.

"And I just found it weird that you're not looking for him, that's why I thought you knew. We kept texting and calling his number but he never answered."

"No, I don't know. And why would I be looking for him anyway? If anything, I'm damn happy he ain't here." I grinned at Jimin. He glared at me and placed his hand on my face and wiped my grin away.

"Stop putting on an act. We all know even if you're not on good terms with him, you'll still be the first one looking for him." I pushed his hand away and averted my eyes from him.

"Look, I don't give a damn about him. I don't care if he's missing or not."

"Stop kidding, you're so obvious." Jimin's brows arched as he says this. "You see, that's why I find it funny that he got jealous of us- of me. Because, if anything, I should be the one jealous! You care about him more than anyone else in this world. Look at those bags under your eyes, I bet it's all because you spent the nights thinking about him." He chuckled as he pointed at my eyebags. I brushed his hand away and defended, "Excuse me? These bags are for my entrance test tomorrow. I've been studying a lot for the past days, and thanks to Jungkook not being here to bother me, I got to focus a lot."

"Pffft. Excuses. So tell me, did something happen between you two that made him just leave like that?" Jimin asked with questioning eyes. I turned to the other direction as I recalled the events from that day.

"I. Will. Never. Love. You. I don't want to see your face ever again! Don't come near me! Don't appear before me! Go disappear for all I care. That's what you're good at anyway. So stay away from me!"

It can't be because of that, right? I mean, that was harsh but I needed to tell him that. I've had enough of him.

"You know, that time he confessed everything? We talked later that night. He apologized for the nth time and his face brightened up while talking about you. He told me everything, from how he first fell in love and how he still does until now. It was funny, you should've seen the look on his face when his face gone red. At first, I didn't want to believe that he did everything just for you, no person in their right mind would be doing that. But thinking about it, his story matches up and it's all too stupid to be a lie. And now that he told us the truth, he has been livelier and friendlier towards us." Jimin continued sharing his story.

"W-what are you trying to say?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him.

"I'm just saying you should at least acknowledge his efforts. He truly loves you. He has probably gone into hiding because he's afraid he might have done something to you, you know how much of a coward he is." Jimin giggled.

"I thought you're supporting Tae? Why are you suddenly on Jungkook's side?"

Jimin snorted as he walked past by me. "I'm not on anyone's side. I'm just here to support both of them. And damn, Y/N now has two guys chasing after her. She's grown to be a lady now."