Chapter 3: Confession

Chapter 3

A few days have passed and Maya finally returned to class. She was sick for a few days but now she's feeling healthier and better. I'm glad to have her back with us. It felt more comfortable with her here.

The people she run into will be looking at her, whispering and smiling to themselves. She wondered what happened while she was away, and of course, no one's gonna tell her Jimin confessed that he likes her in public, not until Jimin does first.

The bell rang, signalling lunchtime. Jungkook and Jimin are loitering at our seats as usual, since Maya and I are seatmates. We were having our normal conversation when a classmate approached us.

"Hey Y/N, since Jimin already did it, when are you and Jungkook gonna confess to each other?" she asked me and Jungkook. Jimin was hushing our classmate, but then let out a soft giggle. Jungkook and I stared at each other for a few seconds and laughed.

"Yeah, you guys when are you going to tell the others?" Jimin added and laughed.

"Right? Don't you think they suit each other?" the classmate turned to Maya.

"Y-yeah they really look great together." Maya commented and flashed a smile.

"Are you kidding me? Him? He's my brother." I said and hugged Jungkook affectionately. We're used to being shipped together, as a lot of people have teased the two of us about it. I honestly can't see why they do. We're obviously just close and we're practically siblings.

"Yeah, what she said." Jungkook agreed and placed his hand around my shoulder.

-

Jimin gathered Jungkook, Taehyung and me as we talk about his plans after class, and that is to confess to Maya. The plan was for us to leave the two of them alone, making up excuses and the rest will all be up to him. I best pray and hope everything goes well with this.

Looking at it from my perspective, there are chances that Maya does like him back. I mean, who wouldn't like Jimin? He's handsome, he's really nice, very sweet and thoughtful, caring... he's an actual angel. Who would have the guts to break the heart of this angel?

Time moved fast and it was already dismissal. And as usual, we would be waiting for each other at the gate and walk home together. But for now, we'll be parting ways to make way for Jimin's confession. He gave us the signal and we acted upon it. I sent Taehyung a text message saying to go by the plan.

"Yooo Y/N, Jungkook, let's play Overwatch!" Taehyung suddenly appeared and placed his hands around Jungkook and mine's shoulders. Before we could even speak, Taehyung started dragging us away from Jimin and Maya. This was the plan we thought of since Jimin isn't a fan of Overwatch, and we can't really say no to Taehyung as he drags us away. Plus, Maya and Tae aren't really close so she wouldn't find it suspicious if he didn't ask her. As we move further away, we looked back and bid farewell to them.

"We'll see you guys next time!" I shouted from afar.

When we were out of their sights, Taehyung removed his hands and started sprinting back to our school.

"Sorry, I'm actually on duty today, I better return before Namjoon scolds me." He said before finally leaving from our sight.

Great so it's gonna be Jungkook and me now. It's been a while since we last walked together alone, just the two of us.

"I hope things go well with Jimin and Maya." I said, trying to start a conversation.

"Y-yeah." was his short reply.

Well this is awkward. We were just walking without talking to each other. This is probably because of our classmate who asked that question. We've been walking for minutes and this silence is deafening me. I need to think of a topic.