35: I'll Find You (FINAL)

TRIGGER WARNING

Chapter 35:

"Jungkook, I love you... Marry me."

His mouth dropped open slightly and stared at you for a while before letting out a snort.

"You mean as a joke or what?"

Your expression slowly turned from a smile into a frown, "No. I'm serious. I wanna marry you. For real."

His eyebrows furrowed as he breathed, "Are you crazy? People are gonna laugh at you thinking you're crazy! It's bad enough that you chose me over any other man, and now you want to marry me? A man who's gonna die anytime soon?"

Your eyes were quick to water, you tried your best to croak out a smile, "Jungkook, I don't care what others say or think. They're not the one I'm going to marry, it's you who I'm going to marry. All I need is your 'Yes.'"

"Y/N, w-we can't..." He gulped. You sat on the bed beside him, looked him in the eye and cupped his cheeks.

"I love you and I wanted to do a lot of things with you. I wanted us to go on several dates, travel to a lot of countries, get married, have children of our own, grow old together, then spend the rest of our lives in each other's company, hand in hand. I know I'm rushing things, but I'm ready for this. I've thought about it, you are the only one for me. You're the one I wanna be with for the rest of my life." You leaned closer to him, your noses brushing against each other, feeling each other's breath tingling your skin. He closed his eyes as he slowly removes your hands from his cheek.

"Y/N, you know we can't-" He stopped and placed his hands on the sides of his head and yelped in pain. Your opened your mouth in surprise, panicking, not knowing what to do.

"Oh my God, Jungkook! W-what's happening???!" You held his head gently, he was still screaming in pain. You didn't know what to do, you left the room and ran outside to ask for help from the nurses. The nurses hurriedly ran to your room and took Jungkook to the emergency room, you followed after them.

You sat outside the ER, waiting for the results anxiously, hoping it's just nothing. You cried and cried, you felt helpless, you knew you couldn't do anything but pray.

God, I know it's been a while since I last talked to you.
You probably hate me, I only come to you when I'm in desperate need of something after all.
I haven't even gotten the chance to thank you for everything.
But... Right now...
Can you please put aside your hatred for me?
Can you please listen to me and grant my only wish?
Can I hope for a miracle to happen?
I know what I'm asking is too much... but can I hope all of this is just a bad dream?
Just a nightmare?
That I'm gonna wake up soon in the morning and the first thing I'll see is Jungkook, kissing me on my forehead as he greets me 'Good morning.'
He'd be wearing an apron and will tell me 'Breakfast is ready!'
Our kids would then be running around the house, and he'll be scolding them 'Hey don't put stress on your mom like that!'
He'd be putting on his uniform and kiss me goodbye as he goes to work.
I would look at him and smile, I'll be telling him 'I'm glad I chose you. I love you.'
Can this please happen to me?
Can I wish for this?
God...
I'm begging you.
Please make a miracle.
Please...

Jungkook's parents and Jin ran to your side, panting along the way. You sniffed as you approached his mom, she was tearing up as well, you covered your mouth with your hands. She pulled you into a hug and cried, her tears flowing down to your shoulder.