8

(Y/N'S POV)

"Oh my God! Remind me to never go shopping with those two goons again!" A whiny Namjoon groans, pounding his head against the wall.

"Oh come on! It couldn't have been that bad right?"

Hoseok immediately regrets asking that question the second Namjoon turns to him. His eyes are burning with the purest rage you have seen in a while and directs an accusing finger at Taehyung and Jimin. "They wouldn't shut up the ENTIRE time! And don't even get me started on their reenactment of Romeo and Juliet in public!"

Taehyung shrugs, "What did theatre ever do you?"

"Create you two." Namjoon mumbles without skipping a beat, thrusting the entire entourage into total laughing mayhem.

"Well who do you think-" Jimin is about to whip out a comeback in his pre-pubescent voice when Taehyung cheerfully points to upstairs, "Morning Jungkookie!"

For the millisecond delay it takes your eyes to adjust to the commotion, you thank heaven under your breath. Completely off guard and nearly gaping like fish, it's no wonder you stare in a painfully hard to admit awe. You don't like the way his gaze has locked onto yours - caught you staring - blaring sirens off haughtiness boisterously enough to make your head ring from a mile away.

His heavy lids blink steadily.

Sans realization, your gaze incognizantly spirals with his, sailing comfortably to the overstuffed pillow occupying his fatigued grip. The demon boy's lips crawl into a lazy smirk, "Good morning." He utters, voice fresh and husky as it was his first call of the day. Once Namjoon provides an approving nod, Jungkook glides past the amazed crowd and b-lines for the washroom.

You feel a sudden pinch at your side, and quickly glare at the giggling culprit. "Rule of thumb; only stare for three seconds. Otherwise it's unnatural." Jimin winks, enjoying the rud crowning your cheeks.

You scoff. "Who says I was staring?"

The blonde raises a knowing eyebrow, "Judging by your body language, I'd say you say so."

Your lips open to fire back, but immediately clamp shut in defeat. You slink in yours plushy seat, mumbling an incredulous, "Shut up."

Rounding everyone back to the main conversation, Hoseok quirks a questing note in his throat, projecting his opinion loudly. "Jeez! He's in a good mood today."

"Did something happen last night?" Namjoon asks through a bite of his breakfast.

An influx of the ironically sweet moment from yesterday comes pouring into your mind, prompting you to take a large gulp of your drink to conceal any discomfort.

"True," Seokjin rambles, "I haven't seen that look in years. Say, Jimin, do you know if he's dating anyone?"

A light mist of your own choked beverage descends upon the crowd of the simontamulously worried and disgusted group. "W-what?"

Jimin turns to Seokjin and grins slyly, "No. Not from what I've head."

"Hey, you guys were with him last night. What happened?" Yoongi chirps, placing his fork on the table and rightfully claiming the sole remaining spot.

"Last I saw Y/N and Jungkook were together!" J-Hope blurts. It's obvious he instantly regrets it after you send him a death glare that would even make grim reapers cry for mercy. That ball of Orangina provides a semi-apologetic smile.

Everyone blinks at you owlishly. They are nearly inching off their seats, expecting some kind of juicy answer.

"I don't know. I went home sick. Last I saw he was playing basketball." You shrug, aiming your focus back at your breakfast.