18

(Y/N'S POV)

Everyone was exhausted from the flight. When strolling down the halls, many dragged their feet, preoccupied with the dreams of sprawling out on bed and reclaiming some precious leg room.

A gust of air conditioned air permeates when the automatic doors split.

An influx of fans swarm in and shriek. The four bodyguards on site appear flustered as they attempt to shield everyone from the crowd.

Hoseok's smile fades.

"What is going on?"

"Don't know. But whatever it is, don't answer anything." Namjoon says.

"JUNGKOOK WHO'S THE GIRL??"

"REPORTS SAY YOU'RE DATING HER! IS IT TRUE?"

As Jungkook marches on ahead with his head down, a separation from his bodyguard formulates a gap. A portion of the crowd begins closing in on you.

"MS! CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY ATTENDED THE NEW YEAR'S CONCERT AS A GUEST?"

"WHY WERE YOU BROUGHT ALONG TO JEJU?"

"ARE YOU A BIGHIT EMPLOYEE?"

"THEY SAY SHE'S A MISTRESS! WHO IS SHE!?"

"IS IT TRUE THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT?"

A camera pops into view. Your eyes widen.

"That's enough!" Yoongi buries your face deeper into his chest with his hand clutched around your head. He shoots the last reporter an angry glare. "No comment. Keep your integrity as a journalist and back off."

By his lead the two of you head off. The stunned crowd of fans and journalists follow loosely from behind. With an arm wrapped tightly around your frame, he lowers his head and drops in a whisper, "You okay?"

"Yeah I think I'm fine..?"

Yoongi roughly turns your head back forward as you attempt to glance back at the journalist.

"Careful. You need to save face."

"Thank you Yoongi... "

No matter how hard you think about this situation, something seems off. How was it that the press knew you were all going to be here?

Then a disturbing realization creeps under your skin.

Since it was private information... Someone must have leaked it.

When you arrive at the swarmed van, Hoseok is waiting on the outside and slides the door open. "Hurry! Hyung, go, go!"

You crawl into your seat and lean back with a pressed sigh. Yoongi slams the door shut.

"What the hell was that all about?" Seokjin blurts.

"I don't know," Yoongi grits his teeth, "All I know is that the press are out for us."

His gaze shifts to you and softens. He takes your hand gently within his grasp.

"Y/N," he says slowly, "listen to me. Life-of-a-public-figure 101, if you go out, you wear this." He plops a black cotton mask into your palm, adding, "No exceptions."

You nod. Yoongi leans back into his seat and crosses his arms.

"I'll let you borrow it for today only."

Butterflies free-fall in your stomach and you heat up. Thankfully, the rest of the members file into the vehicle one by one, saving you from embarrassing yourself any further in Yoongi's presence.