14

(Y/N'S POV)

Your slow, heavy lids roll distant from reverie as a series of chokes tango through the corridor. Washroom, you conclude and grimace as the sound of substance being dropped in water. Up on your feet and groggily marching towards the bathroom, you notice the door is slightly ajar. The beams of light provide enough clarity through the crack to determine the ruckus.

Jeon Jungkook.

Your skin crawls and squirms as he clutches onto the toilet bowl and retches up the remaining contents of his stomach. The door creaks open as your peer in. Jungkook, exhausted and panting on the side of the bowl is too sickly to speak. His finger wobbles making note of your entrance.

His complexion is fair like chalk lazily smeared on a board. The ill colour dances down his face, circling his round doey eyes, crowning the crest of flushed cheeks, kissing the slope of his nose and mists the curve of his chin. A soft pang beats your heart.

He probably hasn't slept....

His slender fingers comb back the tangled wet strings of his sweat-drenched hair. His white t-shirt embraces his frame tightly due to clingy moisture, providing a semi-see through window to his slender frame.

"Y/N," he addresses horsley, "I think I'm-"

You cringe in disgust when he lurches his head into the toilet and vomits once again. "I know Jungkook. I know... Just go back to sleep. I'll clean up." You coo gingerly rubbing his sweat-dipped back.

He flashes an apologetic smile.

"Y/N," he gulps. "I can't move. Help."

"Alright. Come here." You sling one of his arms around your petite shoulder.

"Come on Jungkook. I'm not strong enough on my own." Jungkook nods and steadies himself onto the ground, draining his remaining energy to push up to his feet. The effort of lifting a full-grown man off the bathroom floor makes you groan in exertion.

His long arms practically swallow up your frame as you lug him to the bedroom. You thought he had no weakness, but seeing him like this really brings out a different side of you. An understanding side of you.

He really is human too.

Once reaching the bedroom after scurrying up a flight of stairs, Jungkook plops down onto the bed and shivers into the warm embrace of his blankets. After caccooning him into the sheets, you rush downstairs and fetch a cold compress. When you return, you tend to the boy by your side.

He flinches as the cold fabric shocks his burning forehead.

"Where are the rest of the members?" you ask.

Listless with eyes only opened into drowsy slits, he whispers sorely, "They have practice today but wouldn't let me go... So it's just you and me."

The truth makes you curse.

You feel guilty because you can't do much for him on your own without help. You barely even made it to the room because he's simply too weak to walk. It was a miracle you even got him here on your own!

Admittedly you're worried about the boy swaddled in layers of blankets.

"Jungkook," you frame the runaway locks from his face.

He doesn't hum but you know he's listening.

His breathing is shallow almost as if struggling for breath. His complexion hasn't improved much either and as the minutes tick by he simply aches more. "Jungkook, let's go to the hospital."