30 (The End pt 2)

(Y/N'S POV)

Batting your muddy shoes together, you stare at them admiringly. They reminded you of Jungkook; a little dirty, at times uncomfortable. Yet they shielded you from the elements, and nothing else in the world felt better than their warm embrace.

You missed him.

"Seriously what's taking that bunny so long? He said meet here at 8." You frown, reviewing the messages he'd sent you earlier that evening. Your nose scrunches, a giggle sounding from your lips as a raindrop landed in the palm of your hand.

Rain... There was so much beauty that came with it; the earthy smell that came when the soil turned over, the sharp green tint in the lush grass, the life that it created. All of it was great, but there were also many memories that would return too.

The comforting.

The umbrella held over your head as you cried.

The confession.

The kiss.

It was bitter-sweet honestly. The way you loved the rain had changed drastically, just like the way he had smiled towards you.

A gummy smile which used to be filled with such glee, had now wilted, turned pained every time he saw you.

It hurt you to see him like this, but at the same time you knew he needed to move on. Even if it meant things would never return to normal.

So you figured, it would best to hide. That way, even if it would take weeks, months, or years... You could be reassured that he was doing well. If he could learn that he didn't ever need you in the first place, perhaps he'd be able to get over this heartbreak.

You sigh, hands clasping together, craving a warmth as you shivered under cold breeze that washed over you. "Yoongi..." You murmured, cupped hand capturing more falling raindrops.

Was he well?

Was he eating properly?

Was he fine without you?

Had he realized what was beside him the entire time?

Had he learned how to love himself?

You shake your head, along with the sad thoughts forming in your mind. "I'm sure he's fine." You tell yourself encouragingly, focusing your attention to the time your phone screen revealed.

8:25pm

"Ah seriously though, where is he? How hard is it for a rabbit to get ready aish..." You turn your gaze to the grass field ahead. The river beyond it, separating you from your loved one as well as the problems you still had to face together.

You nod knowingly, a smile tickling your lips as you finally understood why he was so late.

Go get'em!

"Guess I'll have to wait." You mumble out loud, nose scrunching, as you giggle at the thought of him possibly forgetting your plans after dealing with his business.

To you, this was more important.

They were more important.

(Jungkook's POV)

Entering the dorm, I stalk to the balcony, noticing a shadowy figure resting in one of the chairs. I knock on the glass window, earning his attention.

Hoseok stares at me briefly, then averts his gaze. "Come out." He mutters, his voice lacking it's usual playfulness.

Calmly, I take a seat beside him, heaving a sigh afterwards. "It's been a while hasn't it? That we've sat alone like this."