Corrupted...? Pt. 1/4 - Daemon/Angel CherryBerry

(They are too cute together...)

(Red is a daemon named Crimson, Blueberry is an angel named Sapphire. Why don't I just call them Red and Blue? Because... deal with it...)

(Also this isn't really based on any universe I kinda made them up.)

---

(Red/Crimson)

Napping is my favorite activity. When I get quiet. At the moment, I just groaned as my half-brother started yelling at me. AGAIN.

"For crying out loud!" I snapped, turning over on my perch to stare down at my half-brother. He glared up at me, tapping his clawed foot impatiently. "What do you want now, Boss?"

"No need for sass-back, you foolish half-daemon!" he growled at me. I rolled my eyes.

"No need to flaunt yourself, pureblood!"

"No more backtalk, mutt!"

"Ugh," I turned away from him. Some days he really pissed me off. "What do you want?"

"The King wishes to speak with you," he said and I groaned again, flipping over and off my perch, landing lightly in front of my taller half-brother.

"What does Reaper want with me now, cause I ain't chasing anymore of his escaped creatures," I growled, crossing my arms and flicking my tail in annoyance.

"I don't know what he wants!" my half-brother snapped at me, "Unlike you, Crimson, I don't question orders!"

"Gah, just piss off already," I grumbled, pushing my way past him towards the throne room. I stormed my way through the halls, not caring who I bumped into. Everyone in this damn castle knew to avoid me when I wanted it. I may not be a knight, royal, or noble, but I was a respected hunter who only took orders from the king. Or at least, he was the only one who actually knew my skills well enough to not ask for stupid requests like every other noble I've attempted to work for. King Reaper respected me to a point, but I still had to obey him and respect him. Doesn't mean I don't flip him off behind his back though...

My tail flicked in more annoyance as I reached the throne room. I was told to wait by some squire who looked fresher than a newborn horse. He wasn't afraid of me. Or maybe, he just didn't know who I was yet.

The door cracked open, someone spoke to the squire, who pointed at me. The door opened fully to reveal an old friend of mine: Shadow, the king's personal assistant and the only one I could ever have a normal conversation with.

"Ah, Crimson, come in! The Kings are waiting," he flashed me a fanged grin. I grinned at him back, noting how pale the fresh squire went at the sound of my name. He shook as I passed him, so I paused and smirked at him.

"Got a name, kid?" I asked gruffly and he flinched. But he swallowed and nodded.

"A-ashlan, Sir C-crimson," he muttered quietly.

"Bah, I'm no sir," I waved him off, "See ya around, kid." He nodded, swallowing again. I bit back a chuckle at the look on Shadow's face.

"Why the friendliness, Crim?" he asked softly as we approached the throne. I shrugged, grinning.

"Scare him, Shadow," I said easily, "I know his name, so he won't do nothing stupid in the future knowing I could come after him."

"Huh," Shadow, "well, I'll leave you to the Kings. Please, be polite this time."

"Kings?" I turned as he left into the shadows, melting into darkness, "As in, more than one?"

He was gone. I cursed under my breath and turned back to the throne, taking in the scene for the first time. Reaper sat on his black metal throne as always. His cape spread majestically behind him as his wings peaked up with their sharp claw tips. His ebony horns gleamed in the flickering firelight of the dark room. But he leaned toward a second ornate chair with another daemon on it. I daemon I had never met before. This second daemon was dressed as impressively as Reaper, but instead of silvers and blacks, he wore dark midnight blues trimmed in gold and bronze.