Not a Puppet - ErrorBerry

(Requested by Wolfbite01)

---

(Blue)

Panting, I ran as far as I could into the woods. Tears ran down my skull as I cried ceaselessly. Choking sobs pushed past my strained panting, making it even harder to breathe as I fled from what was behind me.

"BluEbeRRy!" called a glitched out voice behind me. A cry forced its way out of my throat as I dashed to the side, running in a new direction before being forced to stop and breathe. I ducked into a bush, hiding, trying to recover my breath quietly as my guilt and grief consumed me. Going to put my hands on my face I froze at the dust and blood on my gloves, another cry being ripped from me as I hastily ripped them off. The cry echoed slightly in the empty forest but I didn't care as I collapsed against a tree, sobbing into my scarf as quietly as possible.

Why? Why did he make me do that? WHY?!

"BlUeberrY," said the glitched out voice. I whipped around, trembling as I saw who stood next to me, fresh tears falling down my face as I backed up against the tree behind me.

"E-error, p-please..." I muttered shakily. He reached forward and I screamed.

"BluE, w-wAke uP!" he said forcefully, shaking my shoulder.

"C'mOn, waKe up-up d-dAmMit!"

With a sharp inhale I sat up, panting, staring into the white nothingness of the Anti-Void. Error leaped back in surprise, falling on his butt from his crouching position.

The tears were there, as well as the sore throat from crying and sobbing and screaming. Looking down, my gloves were clean. The knitted blanket I had been sleeping under fell to the floor silently. Stretching my hands carefully, my mind flashed back to their previous state and I shivered, feeling fresh tears come down.

Error stood up next to me, looking down with his what I've found to be a near-permanent sneer. But he didn't seem as upset or angry as he normally was.

Looking up at him, shaking slightly as I hugged myself, I asked him curiously, "Wh-why'd you wake me?"

He glanced away, the sneer faltering slightly, "yOu-yoU wERe b-BeiNg nOi-oiSy," he excused gruffly, not meeting my eye.

"Oh..." I don't know why I felt disappointed in his answer, "I'm...I'm sorry I bothered you, then..." I pulled the blanket over myself and laid on my side, facing away from him.

He grunted, shuffling away from me. I heard a portal open and close and sighed, gripping the blanket tightly. Alone. Again.

Sighing again, I tried to rest my mind and get rid of the thoughts of the nightmare, the memories...

Oh, Papy, I miss you so much...

(Error)

He's just another glitch! Get out of my head! Growling, I punched the ground at my side, glaring sightlessly into the space of OuterTale.

Why did I have to wake him? Every Sans suffers nightmares, why should he be any different?

Because you gave him those nightmares, that's why.

"GraHAhh!" I growled, throwing a rock into empty space over the cliff. Instead of clacking down an abyss, it flew off into an infinity silently. Somehow, it made me even angrier not to hear it falling. Growling, I grabbed a random floating asteroid with my strings and threw it into another space island. The resounding crash made me grin as the rocks splintered into space, some sparking on contact. Delicious destruction: my stress relief. A small, satisfied chuckle was torn from me as I watched the spread of the destruction slow down.