~Not Alone - HorrorDust

(Requested by Sourpatchkids125)

(~ = smut)

-----------

(Horror)

Just watching him across from me, I grinned at his twitchiness. He and I shared a cautiousness but he was more on edge about it. I just wanted to kill. He had to. He caught me grinning and gave me a crazed smile in return, his violet eye shining.

"I kinda like ya," I decided aloud.

"Oh?" he said. Even his casual voice hinted insanity. Just like my world.

"Yer interesting," I concluded.

"I could say the same for you, Horror," he said.

"Do explain," I said and he chuckled at the random formality.

"The crack, your eye, the teeth, your bod- your hoodie, the ax in your hand...It's fascinating."

I raised a brow bone at him but gave him an evil grin, "Thanks, Dust. If ya wanna know, I like the crazed look in your eye and your twitches. You're cautious like me, but more...intense about it."

"So you like how crazy that maniac made me?" he growled slightly at the word 'maniac' and I knew what he was talking about.

"I like how ya take it in stride, Dust," I grinned at him, "Ya may have let the kid get to ya but ya ain't letting it slow ya down."

"Glad you think so," Dust said heavily, "Most people just shrug me off as being insane and leave it at that. No one really talks to me..."

"Hey, I understand," I held up my ax, tossing it by the blade to make it shine on his face, "No one really enjoys a head dog if ya know what I mean." That drew a real laugh from him, tainted by his crazed voice. I loved it, mostly because no one laughs at my jokes. My face felt slightly warm as I grinned at him.

"Really? Sounds delicious," he grinned and I laughed, shaking my head.

"God, you're amazing," I laughed.

(Dust)

I blushed a little at his comment. No one had called me amazing since Papyrus...He's dead. Forget it. I chuckled nervously.

Horror was the amazing one. He took really well to his apocalyptic world and it gave him a strength that was really hard to replicate. But his acceptance of insanity gave me a comfortable feeling I hadn't felt in a while. He only accepted it so readily because his world was crazier than I am and he was used to it.

But I was glad he talked to me.

And he's been talking to me for months. He's been a companion for a while and I've enjoyed his company. He kept me mildly sane. At least, as sane as I could be around his own craziness. He gave me an outlet and I think I was an outlet for him. Though, I wanted to be closer to him. I need someone like him nearby to feel safe, because I know we're strong enough to protect each other.

I sighed, knowing he wouldn't ever allow such intimacy. His world is built on distance, not closeness. He heard my sigh and gave me a funny look with that bright red eye of his.

"Somethin' wrong, Dusty?" he asked, setting his ax down on the couch we sat on.

I flashed him a smile, "Nothin', Horror." He looked disbelieving but left me alone.

I really wish he wouldn't leave me alone...

-----------

We watched some thriller movie on the couch, me wedged in the couch's armrest and Horror sitting upside down. I kinda wished we were in a different position but I didn't bother him with my antics. He seemed happy enough with the company.