More Than A Couple - Gradient & Bluescreen

(Requested by royal_witchwolf)

---

(Gradient)

I'm so bored... laying upside down on the couch I stared at the television, flipping through channels, wishing my little Bluescreen was home...

"Ugh, there's nothing on..." flicking the tv off I just went lax, my head hanging off the edge of the couch.

Bluescreen had gone home to his mom Blueberry's house for the week, celebrating Blueberry's birthday. Without him here everything just seemed so...ordinary and boring. He made my life so much brighter and nicer with his confidence and love and playfulness.

Thinking about his brightness I sat up. Getting off the couch, I made my way to my bedroom and my computer. Turning it on I got my digital art pad out and plugged it in as the computer booted up. But as I opened the app to draw, I sighed. I needed more inspiration than his brightness to draw him. If I wanted to replicate his perfect face, glitched though it might seem, I needed an image, a proper mental image of what he looked like. Maybe even an actual image. I didn't want to start something I'd have to redo over and over. I wanted to make sure that I could always keep my little Bluescreen in my mind and not ruin him.

Going over to my bed I laid down with my hands beneath my head. Closing my eyes, I started working on the perfect mental image of Bluescreen.

As I thought about him, I smiled and slowly drifted off.

(Bluescreen)

Sighing, I traced a stain on the table, listening as Mom cooked up food for his own party. I'd offered to help but he said to let me rest after my travels.

Blueberry turned at my sigh, "Something wrong, Bluescreen?"

"I just wish Gradient were here," I sighed again, "He gets nervous in crowds and I know you had big plans for this party. I didn't want to make him uncomfortable..."

"And that's sweet of you," Blue said softly, "But wouldn't he feel better with you than alone?"

"I guess so..." I looked over at him and gave him a weary smile, "But I wanted to see you and celebrate."

"You didn't have to come for a whole week, or so early," Blue said.

"Mom, you're making me feel worse."

"I'm letting you know why you feel bad."

"And why do I feel bad?" I asked, sitting up and rolling my eyes at him.

"Because you're in love."

"What?" I stood up, looking at him as he grinned.

"Bluescreen, think about it," he turned back to his cooking, "He's more than a boyfriend, isn't he?"

"Yeah...But I've already told him I love him."

"There's a difference between saying it and feeling it. Sometimes it takes time for one to catch up with the other," he smiled softly at me, "Why don't you go lay down. Maybe with some rest, you'll feel better and can call him. But you don't have to stay the whole week. Stay for tonight and go home."

Getting up I gave him a hug, "Thanks, Mom."

(Gradient)

Sitting up from my nap, I had a sudden idea. The perfect thing.

Dashing to my chest of drawers, I pulled out the little velvet box I had hidden inside. Going to the still-awake computer, I pulled my drawing pad out and got to work.

The box sat open beside me as I drew Bluescreen.

Oh, this was the perfect surprise when he got home.