Cat and Mouse Pt. 2 - ErrInk/PaperJam

(Error)

He squeaked, "A-A date?!"

Chuckling, I flipped over and walked up to him. He paid nervous attention to my actions, still shocked by my proposal. It was adorable, the way his eyes lit up with a colored question mark and colored exclamation point.

"Y-Yes, a-a-a daTe," I repeated, "Wha-wHat do You-yOu s-S-say?"

"B-but we only just met! You're supposed to be my enemy!" he tried, shaking his head as a rainbow blush began tinting his cheeks. "You kidnapped me and tied me up! We can't go on a date!"

Rolling my eyes, I undid the strings on his entire body and took a step back. The strings holding his brush captured came down and dropped his large paintbrush as his feet. He stared at me, still in the chair, now shocked beyond words. He looked from his brush to me several times, as if gauging whether or not I would let him grab it. He crouched warily, still flicking his eyes to me. My hands remained in my pockets as I watched him bend, wishing I was standing behind him. He set a hand on his brush while staring me in the eye, slowly standing up with it in his hand.

As expected he brought it up in an attack that I dodged easily. He went after me a few times while I dodged, before stopping and staring at me, panting slightly. He looked more confused than before.

"Are you seriously letting me go?" he asked, disbelief in his voice.

I nodded, shrugging, "Yeah-ah, b-bUt I wo-Won'T sTOp."

"Won't stop what?" he asked warily, pointing his brush down.

"DesTRoyinNg tHe-the gl-gLitcHes."

He looked outraged, going stiff as he glared at me. "You have the gall to ask me out and then continue to destroy my art?!"

"I'll on-oNly sTOp if-iF yoU go-Go on-n A d-dAtE Wi-wiTh me-e."

He stopped dead in his tracks. I could see his mind reset, though he continued to glare at me. He finally settled on annoyance.

"You're going to blackmail me into going out with you?"

Shrugging again I smirked at him, "If it-it get-Ts me a-a daTe, sUre."

He looked very annoyed and confused, a rainbow gracing his features. He shot one more glare at me before painting a portal out of my realm. I only smirked at him as he prepared to leave.

"SeE ya-ya s-soOn~!"

(Ink)

He's just a jerk! I fumed silently, sitting cross-legged in the middle of nowhere. Knocking me out, tying me up, asking me out...stupid, stupid jerk!

"Error..." I tried to growl the name but I couldn't. I had a name to the face now.

Sighing, I pulled out the picture I drew of him a while ago. Even though I had folded it carefully, it was slightly crumpled. But his face was still as clear as I made it in the first place. Every time I pulled it out I studied it. I couldn't take my eyes off him. Even when he had caught me I couldn't take my eyes off him. He didn't look like some monster destroying my art, even though he was. He looked like someone just as clueless as to their origin as I was. He had an urge and a 'duty' and he fulfilled it. I wanted to create, bring life and color to the blankness I woke up in, that I am.

His broken soul...that had something to do with his 'duty'. Like my lack of a soul: I filled everything with life and color because I lacked something.

He was broken. Everything from his soul to his voice was broken. So seeing complete things, created things...he must feel they need to break them so he had something in common with something, anything.